Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone Having good Cotton and or Soybean Honey Production This Season?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Anyone Having good Cotton and or Soybean Production This Season? 
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Mr. Ben, a friend 80 miles south of my apiary produced honey by the ton, from cotton fields.  Of interest, my friend has signs posted noting security cameras as hives thieves are an ever present threat. 

Honey production has been good in Northern Arkansas, 2019, as we have received rain in due season.  Even today, rain, yes Sir, beautiful rain.  Usually the entire month of August is void of rain.

A good year for honey, however, the Honey Pump, in Canada, posted deeps being filled in 3 days..... I can only imagine.
Blessings
Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline FatherMichael

• House Bee
    • Deep Creek Apiaries and the Hive Shop
My one hive in the back yard is too far from cotton to show a net gain.

The new place for next year will have plenty of cotton nearby.  Can't wait!

Nice to hear of others having rain and great yield.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Brother Michael, if your Hive is in the city, usually that means watered flower beds and lots of flowers of all kinds...  If your hive is rural as mine then weather plays a big part.

Having a single hive is fun as all your attention is focused.  My experience with a single hive is the bees got to know me and became very tolerant, even friendly I would say: a beautiful experience  with nature.

Even with multiple hives, 19, in my back yard, I interpret the bees know me, accept my presence.  They even greet me if I am feeding, specifically, I see a bee approach towards my feet and fly upwards scenting my whole body checking for scent of syrup.  If I have syrup, I will be followed.  Then after the bees obtain a belly full of syrup, I make a good landing perch as the bees groom themselves attached to my hand, arm, sleeve, where ever.  Me as the landing perch is OK as long as I see the bee, up my sleeve is not so much fun.
Blessings
Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
Brother Michael, if your Hive is in the city, usually that means watered flower beds and lots of flowers of all kinds...  If your hive is rural as mine then weather plays a big part.

Having a single hive is fun as all your attention is focused.  My experience with a single hive is the bees got to know me and became very tolerant, even friendly I would say: a beautiful experience  with nature.

Even with multiple hives, 19, in my back yard, I interpret the bees know me, accept my presence.  They even greet me if I am feeding, specifically, I see a bee approach towards my feet and fly upwards scenting my whole body checking for scent of syrup.  If I have syrup, I will be followed.  Then after the bees obtain a belly full of syrup, I make a good landing perch as the bees groom themselves attached to my hand, arm, sleeve, where ever.  Me as the landing perch is OK as long as I see the bee, up my sleeve is not so much fun.
Blessings
Van
I?ve had a few doing that as well. I guess where I get a little syrup on my hands.

Offline FatherMichael

• House Bee
    • Deep Creek Apiaries and the Hive Shop

Blessings
Van

Yes, I've really enjoyed this hive and driving around the neighborhood to see what flowers they are visiting.  I've been surprised to see so many yards with Texas Lilac and Lavender.

I can tell that the new generation of bees that have emerged have really grown comfortable with our yard and our presence.

My wonderful wife talks to them so, yes, they have become part of the family.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

anything