Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: old  (Read 2126 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
old
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:21:34 pm »
I've surely gotten old!

I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes,

half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine. I take 40 different medications  that make me dizzy, winded,

and subject to blackouts.

I have bouts with dementia, have poor circulation, hardly feel my

hands and feet anymore. 

I can't remember if I'm 85 or 92, and I've lost all my friends.

But, thank God, I still have my Florida driver's license!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

it's scary when you start making the same noises

as your coffee maker.

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: old
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:29:22 am »
The scary part about that is the amount of truth to it. Florida is one of those places that I have no desire to even visit. I think I was 13 the last time I was there. Have no desire to go back ever again. I will say that Bush Gardens was fun even if it was a large part of the reason I have never been back.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 12:42:11 pm »
That list is what I told my doctor last week.  :brian:  - Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 12:48:31 pm »
I'm not old. Old loses value.

I'm antique. Antiques gain in value.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 12:55:55 pm »
The scary part about that is the amount of truth to it. Florida is one of those places that I have no desire to even visit. I think I was 13 the last time I was there. Have no desire to go back ever again. I will say that Bush Gardens was fun even if it was a large part of the reason I have never been back.
That is funny. I feel the same way about NY.  :-D
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything