Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: V yes that is the name of it.  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
V yes that is the name of it.
« on: December 30, 2010, 09:52:47 pm »
Has anyone seen the first season? the next season starts Tuesday January 4th.

I had watched the first season but then I just reviewed the whole season over the past couple of days.

For some reason it hit me this way....

The V or visitors is the government.

The world is us people

And the 5th column is those of us that see the V for what they are.

You should watch it.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: V yes that is the name of it.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 07:58:48 pm »
Ya I followed it.   Also saw and then rewatched all the old ones last year (thank you Hulu).  I was surprised that it is back on the air for the second season.  It seems like all the great sci fi shows get canned way to quickly today.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 08:43:08 pm »
i watched it.  liked it.  there was some comment when it came out that it looked like it was talking about our current events.  could be.  don't care.  it's a good show.  i like the original also.  some good shows last.  sanctuary, eureka, etc.  syfy has done a good job with some of it's shows over the last couple of years.
they canceled the new Stargate show.  the first season was abysmal, but they got it together this year, only to cancel it.  hope they didn't kill the franchise with this last one.

also really like "The Event".  the story line has been original and has kept my interest.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 08:46:07 pm »
SGU.   I had gotten over it and forgot about it and now you bring it up.   Maybe I just have weird taste to like all the soon to be killed off shows.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 09:27:51 pm »
sorry, but you have to admit the first season was depressing!  i kept waiting for a mass suicide or something  :evil:  it got much better this  year. 

another problem is that viewer numbers are counted by who watches live.  who watches live anything anymore?  especially some of the shows that are on at odd times.  then there is the problem with viewers.  most seem to be more interested in mind killing reality shows than anything that requires attention and thought.  i think that's  why so many big 3 networks shows that are good, get canceled.  anyone with any brain cells left is probably watching some alternative programing on a cable channel. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 09:48:14 pm »
"anyone with any brain cells left is probably"  On the computer, not watching the TV...........
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 11:11:28 pm »
I saw an article the other day where it mentioned how many watched a show and how many DVR'd it. I didn't know they could tell you were recording it  :?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 12:22:05 pm »
Another gripe I have with the TV shows is just how short a season is now.  You get like 8 episodes and then you wait a 9 months or a year for it maybe to come back on.  I was watching Earth 2 over Christmas and there was 21 episodes (that ran over 22 episodes when on TV) before it was canned.   And yes it got dull at the end, but it was the writers fault for ruining a good story line.   21 over a half year is much better than 12, 10, or even 8 episodes for a season.   

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 12:45:52 am »
Agreeing with AllenF:

That's what made "24" so great, you knew that you had the next 18-22 weeks (give or take 2 hour episodes) to look forward to, no matter when you watched it.

I first REALLY spotted this trend with The Sapranos and it has been down hill ever since. It use to be the only short season shows were fillers trying to find if they could get enough viewers to warrant carrying over into a full run.

The Sapranos went 8 shows and took a FULL YEAR OFF one season, WTH is that? And I'll give Showtime credit, they ran some long seasons with there hit shows, but are now falling in the grove too.

Nope, I'll wait until the season is over and watch all the seasons episodes in one or two days of marathoning it. There is plenty to watch and I have to admit, some of those mindless reality shows I'm hooked on: mostly the Food Network and Discovery Channel ones, but I'm a sucker for Big Brother - I but the 24/7 feed every year.

Everything else, we stream or download. We don't and likely won't ever have a DVR, hostly, everything we watch is available somewhere - Comcast's on demand really fills in the blanks if Fancast don't.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:00 am »
Nope, I'll wait until the season is over and watch all the seasons episodes in one or two days of marathoning it.

So you are saying you are partly to blame for the shows getting canceled?

I thought the 12/13 episodes series had two seasons per year. Guess I will have to go check it out.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 02:09:07 pm »
they don't give people a chance to find and get into a new show.  take MASH as an example.  it was not very popular the first year or so.  then it took off and it was on for years.  under the current way of doing shows, MASH would not have survived even it's first season. 

i DVR show that look interesting but are on late or on during something else we like.  Hawaii five-0 is a good example.  i did not watch the first season until just now.  turns out, i really like it.  now i'll add it to things we watch regularly.  Caprica was a good show with a pretty regular following, but it's off now.  what happened there?