Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Road trip!!  (Read 8647 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Road trip!!
« on: December 29, 2011, 01:01:14 pm »
I guess this is the best place to post this?

We'll be heading out late tonight (Peggy, Ian and I) to go see REDBEE in Texas. We'll be stopping in Mississippi to pick up Bud1 on the way and then stopping in LA to check in on JP and (hopefully) schawee! We won't be spending any great deal of time anywhere but it should be a blast! Can't wait to see everyone!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: Road trip!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:06:15 pm »
Road trip! Take me with you!  :-D

Keep away From I-95 in Port Orange. North bound may be closed until tomorrow cause of that accident.

Have a good trip!

Larry

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 02:43:23 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you guys Scott. Gonna be hard to pull Schawee from the swamp though. He said Fridays are tough for him to get away. See you soon!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:09:30 pm »
all i can say is them suckers better get the skillet hot cause i am tired of my on cooking
to bee or not to bee

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »
pictures please!!  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »
Wish I was with you Scott. Will be a great trip. Are you really going to get Bud on the road with you ? And dont forget Kathys' request.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:02 pm »
pictures please!!  :-D

x2

Looking forward to the journey.   :)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 07:27:43 pm »
In a holding pattern right now but we're all packed and ready to go at midnight. I'll do what I can with videos and pics!

Ya'll along the east coast might want to huddle together somewhere around Myrtle Beach. I'm afraid that puttin' Bud and Bruce together on the same spot of land might shift the earth's axis...need to counteract it :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 08:27:27 pm »
 :-D

Drive safe  and have fun.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 09:03:31 pm »
Hardwood, Peggy, Ian & Bud dropped by this evening as they were strolling through on their way to Redbees in Texas. Sure wish they could have stayed longer but we did have a very nice visit. We wound up going to Cafe du monde of Metairie http://www.cafedumonde.com/ for some coffee and beignets.

I brought them over to my Dad's house for a tour of his garden/mini orchard after that and we picked some satsumas and kumquats. After that we went back to my place and took Beauregard out and then played with my scorpions and Argentine boa.

Its always great to get together with these fine folks/expert bee removers and my buddy big daddy Bud even if it was for just a few hours. Love you guys to death! See y'all at Bud4, y'all drive safe now.

...JP

Oh... :-D  

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:19:27 pm »
This is Beauregard

My Argentine boa

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 02:58:32 pm »
all i can say is them suckers better get the skillet hot cause i am tired of my on cooking

Bud you going to Bruce's work camp  :? :?  :lau: :lau:
  Are you going to work Bud to work  ;)

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 01:31:28 pm »
not me jim, supervisor capacity only.
that big sucker put on the groceries    keep hearing about youall cooking briscit,
l redbee out done his self with peggys help   had that sucker for dinner and the last night steaks  nope i had me some mo briscet while they nawed on them steaks
scott and his son and peggy cut some trees piled them and made some big fires while bruce and i watched
when we were getting ready to leave he went and got me an old smoker that looked like a cone to remember my trip/  i went around the corner where he had a bunch mo that old honey stuff and picked up a brand new smoker and told him that i would remember better with new thaughts. he grined and handed it it to scott and then had a big discussion on the amount of class i had (non existant).
 redbee got a heart as big as he is and us big suckers had some good talking while them scrony suckers worked. 1 thing i learned was it sho is a looooooong ways to texas
 mising you already bruce
to bee or not to bee

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 07:58:54 pm »
Welcome back Bud!! Wish I coulda wnet along and met Bruce too.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 10:47:39 am »
I'm hoping y'all can post a few pics of your trip to Bruce's.

...JP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 11:20:16 am »
We finally got home last night...whew!

Bruce lives on a beautiful hunk of land out in the sticks and has a lot of those #1,500 two point deer around him (cattle). Coyotes howl at night and the stars are big and bright. A beautiful place indeed.

Thanks again for the great chow and the fun times Bro! We'll have to make a habit out of coming to see you.

Bud, it's always a blast when you're around..we sure did enjoy your company.

JP, I wish we could've stay longer but we were on a mission after all...we'll be hooking up soon at Bud's place!
Peggy shot a bit of video while we were there. I haven't looked at it yet but I'll post some here (as long as she didn't forget the lens cap again)!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 09:49:30 am »
jp and the florida crew went to drink that wired coffee and them hollow donut puffs (benyeys or how ever you spell it) and i stayed wid the dogs and lizzards. liz (jps precious wife) showed and gave me a big old hug; but i kinda wonder bout that gall as first she married jp then every time i looked around she was huging this great big lizzard.
sho enjoyed the meet up pard but dang snakes and lizzards  and o the scorpions.  dat sucker warped   love you bro
inn, scott, peg. loved every minit 0 the trip except the concreet
to bee or not to bee