Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lets See What I end up with?  (Read 4121 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Lets See What I end up with?
« on: March 09, 2011, 05:26:10 pm »
I have moved to La, still have 5 hives in Ga. I have 5 hives here in La, going to Ga in a few weeks and going to split all 5 hives there and probably want see them again until fall, I am working these five hives here and going to split and graft just to see how many I can come up with, will not be able to work them hard because I work some weekends but I will give the tally as I go. Its nice to be back on the forum again!!!

I only have enough equipment for 12 extra hives here, going to have to go to Ga and get the rest soon, 12 will fill fast lol!!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:26:57 pm by TwT »
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Lets See What I end up with?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:53:18 pm »
Its kinda exciting to be able to start over again, just hate that I lost most of my hives because of starvation during winter 2 years ago, I pulled honey that summer and feed some but with me not being able to get around for 8 months and couldnt feed them I lost most, had no fall flow that year, the 10 I have havent been touched the last 2 seasons and are huge, health hives and with me being fit again, Its just like starting over but I know a little this time around.  ;)   
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:39:06 pm »
Let us know (take some pics) how the 5 hives look like after so long alone and how the splitting goes.  Might want to put out a swarm trap also just for giggles to see if you caught anything by fall.   

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:45:43 pm »
boychild sho good to hear you doing mo gooder. Sho gona be tickled to see you again and this time it is gona be more than a howdy and where did he g0
to bee or not to bee

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:01:57 pm »
Good to see you on beemaster again.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

anything