Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Need Help Quick!!!  (Read 5852 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Need Help Quick!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 05:29:25 pm »
Annette, remember to check and make sure your hives have drones, this can be a tell-tell on weather hives in your area has drones still if you plan on this hive raising a queen, and if they are queen less you should know by now and be able to see queen cells drawn out, they might not be capped yet but the cells will be there in your hive has no queen, if they didn't draw cells then she is in there somewhere and you just need to check for brood, if cells are there and no drones, give here some time to see if she gets mated and if not prepare to combine this hive with another....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 02:09:07 pm »
twt

Thanks for the help also. I did not get a chance yet to check for queen cells. Will do this tomorrow if weather permits. I really hope I placed the correct frames into the hive (meaning hope I picked the frames that had eggs)

I know that this is not a good substitute for checking the frames, but yesterday evening I went up to look at the hives and my queenright hive was really quiet, while my hive in question (which sits right next to the other hive)was making quite a noise. I had heard about this sort of roar that a hive will make that doesn't have a queen. Do they do this noise all the time, because this is the first time I ever heard this. Today they sound alike.

Annette

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 03:44:27 pm »
Oh yeah queenles hives can be very noisey a louder roar than when they have a queen

kirko they can be more cranky also
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon