Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New from SC  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Beepreacher

• Brood
New from SC
« on: March 14, 2015, 09:22:27 pm »
Greetings!  I am new at this bee keeping thing.  I've watched others most of my life enjoy this hobby, and that's all it will be for me, and always wanted to give it a try.  My life allows me a few free minutes now, so I'm going to do it.  I live in the upstate of SC out in a rural part of the piedmont.  My family and friends all think I'm nuts to do this as they don't like the notion of getting stung.  Well, neither do I, but I do enjoy nature and think this is a great way to learn more about the great design God has given us that we call life.  I've just purchased my starting equipment and am awaiting the arrival of my bees.  I've got a couple of weeks so I still have time to learn more of the basics.  Looking forward to learning a lot here at bombaster.com.
Beepreacher

"An ounce of pretentiousness is worth a pound of manure!"

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
Re: New from SC
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:53:09 pm »
Welcome!

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 11:02:46 pm »
Welcome, and I learnt a good bit here over the years.  I had never had bees, my Granny did have 2 hives back in the 50's, didn't learn anything from that except fresh honey was great and her's did like to sting youngens.  I picked up a lot of what I now know here.

Good luck to you and your bees

Joe

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 07:48:21 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 02:24:13 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   :smile: You might think of looking for a local bee club, many have a mentoring program (free) and they can help with local problems.
As for us, ask as many questions as you like. We all are here to help and learn.   -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline Sumerduck

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 04:37:09 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster Beepreacher.

anything