Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Member 39°43′19.92216″ N Maryland  (Read 1745 times)

Offline HRDWRK

• Brood
New Member 39°43′19.92216″ N Maryland
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:03:28 am »
I will attempt Bee keeping this year, so I will not say I am new to Bee keeping just yet. I will start this spring if the snow ever melts. I look forward to all the advice from BeeMasters both experts and novices.
CCW Utah
Maryland Designated Collector
FFL 03 (C&R)
Maryland Voter Registration Distributor Volunteer

[FONT="Georgia"]"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood." - James Madison[/FONT]

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: New Member 39°43′19.92216″ N Maryland
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:45:59 am »
Welcome sir and I have faith that the snow will eventually melt at least this year.  We are in an interglacial period after all.  My advice is to read threads on beekeeping that interest you.  Feel very free to ask questions.  You will get varied opinions and that is mainly because beekeeping methods have to vary to fit the location.  Beekeeping is a wonder and fascinating activity so get ready for a treat.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 01:39:51 am »
Welcome to the forum, Hrdwrk.  Sure it will melt, by July anyway, like Vance said read lots, watch videos, and join your local bee club.  When you have question, just post them on here some one will give you an answer.  Methods do vary from location and in locations also.  Pick the way you think is best in your opinion and go with it.  If it works for you fine, if it doesn't try another method.  I do get to rambling sometimes.  Good luck to you

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:00:17 am »
Welcome aboard. :bee: