Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SNow SNow Snow  (Read 3696 times)

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
SNow SNow Snow
« on: December 27, 2008, 02:28:23 pm »
The back yard bees, enjoying winter.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: SNow SNow Snow
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 05:45:13 pm »
YUP. looks like a rip-snortin good time! Ours started melting today YAYS..we don't like the cold!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 11:29:50 pm »
huh...and we lost what..3/4 of our snow today?  The girls were out flying today, occasionally falling to the snow to a chilly death  :roll:

I was out trimming a bush without my coat on, then a bit of chopping ice on the driveway.  Later I was in the basement working and I felt something on my back under my shirt.  Trying to dislodge what was obviously only a spider when ZING!  Yup, one of the bees must have been resting on my pants, and when I went inside a while later started crawling up :-x
Rick

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 11:54:37 pm »
huh...and we lost what..3/4 of our snow today?  The girls were out flying today, occasionally falling to the snow to a chilly death  :roll:

I was out trimming a bush without my coat on, then a bit of chopping ice on the driveway.  Later I was in the basement working and I felt something on my back under my shirt.  Trying to dislodge what was obviously only a spider when ZING!  Yup, one of the bees must have been resting on my pants, and when I went inside a while later started crawling up :-x

Yup with this nice warm spell , the snow has dropped, when I thought about taking the picture the hives were covered to the top, I just dug them out yesterday , knowin they might like to take a short flight. Today the snow has dropped half way down. Near killed myself diggin them out. LOL now it all melts. No justice in the winter. And yet we are supposed to get some more of the wonderful white stuff.
I should move to Florida, but snow or hurricanes. I'll keep the snow. . LOL

Offline 1of6

• House Bee
  • Always learning...
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 11:10:03 am »
MBN,
     Very nice photo.  Your boxes look 'content' sitting there relaxing in the winter weather.  I was going to say "Uh-oh, you're missing a weight, but I notice that you have that one secured with a ratchet strap.
     I can't believe the extremes we're having in terms of weather.  A short while back, I snapped the following photo, and a few days back we had a wind chill that dropped below -10F.

Now to our surprise, yesterday and this morning we got a blast of summer weather.  Yesterday we went out and cut a load of wood for our older neighbors across the road, the kids played out in the yard and went for a walk in the woods, and we just enjoyed the weather in general as did our bees.

Last evening we sat out on the porch in short sleeve shirts (temps reached the mid-60sF) looking at the Christmas lights out across the valley.  These warm spells are amazing.  I don't remember getting these in this area while I was growing up.
     Our temps are dropping back today and it's raining again.  MBN - I suspect yours is coming back as well.  We have some colder weather coming back in the next few days, and then later this week I think you're sending us some lake effect snow.

Happy Holidays!

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 03:27:40 pm »
Yup back down to 20'..  :(

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 10:36:10 pm »
Those are really nice pics!! Make a person feel cozy just looking at them!
 I always have liked snow but I dont get much here.usually we get ice. Ive never had to shovel snow at my house, but i do rememeber shoveling snow off the loading docks at work, years ago!

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 02:37:12 pm »
Oh man, our snow has never stopped, perhaps a day here, a day there.  Today it is snowing like the dickens again.  I think we have at least 24 inches now, and it has barely had any chance to melt yet because of cold weather.  We have set record snowfalls.  Wish it would go away, I don't like snow.  Have a great and most wonderful day, love and live life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service