Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dahlia Digging Dividing Etc...  (Read 3441 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Dahlia Digging Dividing Etc...
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:27:50 am »
If you would like to know how to divide your dahlias, check out my blog:

www.beesnblooms.blogspot.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Dahlia Digging Dividing Etc...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 06:10:04 pm »
Sharon, lovely.  I looked at your blogspot, very nice.  I got some really good tips on how to split the dahlias.  Mine are still attached to the stem of the plant in the attic in boxes, guess I should have cut the tubers off the mother, but next year will tell another story.  Good to know.  Now each of the tubers that you cut off the mother, each one will make a new plant?  I saved seed from some of the more special ones I grew that I got from you.  Thank you Sharon.  Have a great and awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:00:39 pm »
Yes Cindi,

Each tuber with "eyes" will produce a replica of that same flower.  Seeds, as you know, will not produce a replica, as they have been cross pollinated by our bees friends.

You did have some gorgeous blooms!

Thanks for the kind words & wishes~*~

Offline davpress

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:43:15 pm »
If you would like to know how to divide your dahlias, check out my blog:

Thanks, this reminded me to go out to the garden and dig the tubers, They are fine and now in safe keeping in the house.

David

anything