Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from NH  (Read 2827 times)

Offline markonsite

• New Bee
Hi from NH
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:36:12 am »
I have just ordered my packages for delivery in April! I will be starting two hives and have loads of questions, but will post those later. I have hundreds of hours in reading from books to web sites to forums like these. Everything and everyone has been extremely helpful but there is still a lot to learn. 

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: Hi from NH
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:53:51 am »
Oh goody you are going to have a great time and this forum is such a great resource
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Keith

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 11:12:17 am »
Hi Mark, I to am starting bee keeping this spring. I havent orderd my bees yet. But I have my hive and tools. What kind of bees did you get. I was thinking of going with russian bees. Also Pawtuckaway bee keepers are putting on a class for beginners. If this would help you. They have a meeting on monday.
Just google there site and you can get more info. Happy beekeeping keith

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:20:34 pm »
Welcome Mark and Keith. You have arrived at a fun and informative sight.   I started beekeeping in April 06 with my son and have learned a lot here. I hope to expand my horizons this year with a little more experience and share them with the other members. Wecome!
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline nhbloke

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:08:33 pm »
I went through the bee school last year and it was very good, i will try to go this year as well to pick up what i missed.  John

Offline hummingberd

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 05:17:58 pm »
Hi there-

Last Aug. I got my first colony of bees.  You are very fortunate to be in a position where you already found the forums before you built your hive!  I would suggest checking out Michael Bush's site.  I'm not allowed to post a URL but just google bush farms or Michael Bush.  You'll find it. 

and do some research on small cell comb.  If I knew then what I know now...I would have done everything differently.  Also, beesource is the only other forum I've ever been to, but Dee Lusby has lots of info on small cell comb & natural cell comb.  Good luck with your endeavor, and keep an open mind!

-K-
-K-

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything