Utah Bees reply#1b
0 (0%)
Utah Bees reply#1c
0 (0%)
Utah Bees reply#1d
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 01, 2008, 10:01:11 am

Author Topic: January 2008 Entries  (Read 41786 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: January 2008 Entries
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 10:59:35 pm »
I know what you are saying, but never had the option of even seeing photobucket. I do this all the time, but this time for some reason it never showed on the posting for me. I am sure you would think I am crazy, but JP had the same trouble also.

Annette

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 12:08:30 am »
Your not crazy Annette, I might have thought that but on my computer, the links don't show up either?? I don't know why??? Only the words of my post show up thats all. In the other forums that I visit, the photos acutally show up. Similar to the way that Utahbees photos showed up. Anyway, that was a little crazy, but I am greatful for all your comments.
Again, almost makes it worth the cold???
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 06:58:17 pm »
UtahBees, you guys got hit the other day pretty bad, was down there picking up grandma the other day (Mon) and you guys got nailed didn't you...

Oh yes, we sure did. We're supposed to get some more tonight or tomorrow too. There's like 2 feet on my lawn, and it's just beautiful!

Scott

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 07:41:49 pm »
Utahbees, 2 ft is a lot for you guys isn't it. You guys don't normally get that much do you. Not to deny you your kudos for your massive 2 ft, but check this out. We have had about 7ft this year out to the the ranch. This is just outside Park City, only about 5000ft. Note the height of the snow behing our little home made Yurt. ( I am pretty proud of it) This was taken the day that my wife and I had to snowshoe in to feed the animals. I could not get through with my bobcat to even clear it. Had to bring in a big 930 front loader to get it all clear.....

What a good Woman!!!
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 07:51:31 pm »
Utahbees, 2 ft is a lot for you guys isn't it.

You're right. It comes and melts and comes and melts and never really gets above a foot. So we're getting it pretty good. Tonight and the next few days will be interesting.

Your ranch and farm is awesome! Very cool photos, and glad to know someone fairly close by that also has an apiary from this forum. Thanks!

Scott

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2008, 06:07:09 pm »

the first i took at donner lake last month.  it's at a marker near the top of the pass.  we call it the alter.  the second was this AM during our first good snow storm of this year. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2008, 11:03:30 pm »
This is so amazing Kathy. Thanks for sharing. Very beautiful photos

Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 12:38:51 am »
Kathy, oooh, some beautiful pictures.  The one up at Donner Lake was a spectacular sight in itself.  Wow.  Have an awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
January 2008 Entries
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2008, 10:01:11 am »
It's time to vote for your favorite photo.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2008, 05:57:47 am »
January sunset and not a snowflake in sight!!

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:56 am »
Geoff, what a lovely picture, that is some beautiful looking sky.  Have an awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• New Bee
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 10:37:19 pm »

Opps orry I tried posting a January 2008 Jamaican sundown pic but it wont let me cause Im new and I cant figure  out how to delete this post. sorry.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 10:18:38 am »
BJ, welcome to our forum.  I am sorry that your first attempt at communicating was a failure, meaning that the picture you couldn't post.  Don't go away, I am glad that that you didn't delete your post.  Show us your sunset, we would love to see it. YOu could get the sunset picture into our forum by e-mailing it to one of the Moderators, they will post it for you.  When people join the forum they can't post links to other sites or photos after having been posting for awhile.  This is a security thing to keep our forum safe and friendly.

Welcome to our forum anyways, tell us a little bit about yourself.  You don't have to keep bees to be on this forum, but if you do, that is fun too, you could tell us about your beekeeping, welcome, have a wonderful day, Cindi

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 01:27:04 pm »
Why not post your photo for February as this January contest is over.

Annette

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 11:11:27 am »
annette and JP, Dont feel bad because those links they talking about doesn't show on my computer either, glad he posted picture or I wouldn't know what they looked like when voting.....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2008, 03:21:45 pm »
Thanks everyone for the votes. Let's get on to February!

Scott

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2023, 04:56:27 pm »

the first i took at donner lake last month.  it's at a marker near the top of the pass.  we call it the alter.  the second was this AM during our first good snow storm of this year.

Nice Kathy..
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2023, 04:57:31 pm »
"UtahBees" pictures were good ones too.

So, since I didn't see a January topic, I might as well start it  :-P

Here are some photos that I've taken recently that I'd enter.

Thanks!

"You Knocked?"

"Timpanogos"

"Hey Son"

[Edit - I added this new photo below of my beehives due to a few recommendations - thanks!]

"Winter Beehives"

« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 08:55:46 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything