Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beyond Beleif- fact or fiction  (Read 2857 times)

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
Beyond Beleif- fact or fiction
« on: September 19, 2009, 11:47:49 pm »
Did a cut out today. The most gentle bees I ever encountred.  Not one sting! 
They head butted a littel as I opened them up but no stingers left in gloves or anything!
Took them back to the yard and shook them out of the bee vac into the new hive.... still no stings and gentle.
Walked over 2 hives to add a super to one that was boomng, cracked the top 1/2" bees poured out and took 11 stings through my bee jacket and gloves in less than 2 min just putting a honey super on....... GO FIGURE~!    :-\

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Beyond Beleif- fact or fiction
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »
Don't quite understand the title of your post. Perhaps you can explain it.

Now, established colonies don't normally like intrusions, no matter what you're doing, even if its just for a quick look or adding supers. Did you smoke them first?

Also, established colonies don't always like "new" colonies added to their surroundings. They may go after the new bees or you if riled enough.

Good looking hive.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 10:42:45 pm »
  Nothing to understand.,JP, 
That is just what happned to come on TV as I was starting to post the pictures of cutout and in my mind I was thinking how it was almost beyond beleif for me to do a removal with such gental bees.  Hence I just typed in the name of the TV show.  Sorry to confuse ya but it was a good atention getter no?  :-D
  On a seperate note how do you manage to get pictures by yourself of the process without getting honey all over your camera?  I like to have ruined mine LOL.
   As for the pissy hive here.  The other 20 here I opned this AM and none poured out like that until I got to "that" one, again very hot. 
They immediatly got busted down, loaded up and hauled to the country and painted with a blue x to await getting split and requeened first of spring.  I got no tolerance for mean bees where my grandkids are around.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 11:19:02 pm »
I try not to let honey get on the lense. :-D

If that hive was wicked hot, keep an eye on it, it may need requeening, they may get nicer, maybe not.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 12:01:36 pm »
Nice big colony. Looks like you did a fine cut out. Any honey dripping on your head??

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 01:24:21 pm »
Nice big colony. Looks like you did a fine cut out. Any honey dripping on your head??

G3

Actually, no .... for the first time in I don't know when they were low enough and compact enough thaty I didn't have to work from right underneath them.  :-D :piano: :piano:

anything