Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lake Emma trap out  (Read 2277 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Lake Emma trap out
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:21:01 pm »
We started this trap out while I was down on break from SD. Peggy and Ian finished it up and it was a great success! I think we'll start using more queenless nucs for the capture hive.

Lake Emma trap out (start).wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Lake Emma trap out
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:31:17 pm »
Great video.   Was a video make when Peggy and Ian took it down?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »
No video of the finish as I had the camera up in SD. The queen really ramped up with our late flow(s) and is now in two deeps!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 12:08:57 am »
another great video.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 12:24:18 am »
A great video to see how it is done. Thanks.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 01:15:33 pm »
I enjoyed the video & you are the man for doing these trap outs way up there in the trees but...

Please be careful! I really don't like seeing that ladder move that much while you're on it. Secure it to the tree my friend. We certainly don't want anything happening to you.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 05:24:51 pm »
You make it look easy! I can't believe that you went that far to do this trapout. Larry

Offline LoriMNnice

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 02:18:11 pm »
Nice video...I was wondering about when you secure the mesh cone could you use a staple gun instead of screws? And I agree with JP on the ladder it was making me nervous to see it wiggling around like that :)
Lori

anything