Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Seed Swap  (Read 30834 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Seed Swap
« on: September 26, 2008, 07:21:17 pm »
Here is an area for people wanting to swap seeds and plants.If you are going to swap,do so at your own risk as some plants are invasive in certain environments.You assume any responsibility for your transactions.Once an item is posted and interest is generated ,please take your correspondence to PM's or personal e-mails.
Hope you all find What your looking for!! :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Seed Swap
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 10:37:37 am »
Ken, excellent!!!  That is very true, there are many species of plants that are invasive and should not be spread around this good green earth, and we must be very careful about what we want to sow in our gardens, good thread, and yes, I do agree, thoughts must be thought first.  Beautiful day, most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 11:35:53 am »
Sour wood tree seeds for trade,  will take anything that bees like

Offline Inquisitive

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:16:26 am »
Giant 4 o'clock seeds.  (Fuchsia-pink colored blooms.)  Thrives in full sun and needs only a little water after established .  Here, we have alkaline clay, but they grow in sandy soil, too.  Ours comes back from the root each summer.

I'd be glad to trade for any seeds that liked clay soil.

Offline alexcc1

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 07:30:06 pm »
I have seeds for Golden Rain Trees, Vitex and Chinese Tallow.  I have heard that the Chinese Tallow and Golden Rain Trees are invasive, so consider yourself warned.  :-\  I must say that the Golden Rain Trees seem to buzz in the Summer when little else is blooming.  If you are interested send me a self addressed stamped envelope. 

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:53:28 pm »
I have Catalpa (or here in the south catawba) tree seeds, a very fast growing very large leafed tree where you can grow your own fish bait, and have a lot of flowers on them for the bees. Send me a self addressed and stamped envelope. I would like to get some Paulownia tree seed (I think a common name is princess tree), another big leaved, flowering very fast growing tree (looks like a catalpa).
I am my own biggest critic!

Offline Ross

• Field Bee
    • http://www.myoldtools.com
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:27:07 am »
I will have purple and white pickerel weed (aquatic) shortly, as well as rooted plants.  Bees love it, about a 3-4 week flow.  Great if you have ponds.

Vitex will be available in a few weeks.
www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain

Offline wfuavenger

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 03:42:08 pm »
I am looking for a flowering plant called spider plant/flower. It has thorns on the stalks, pot shaped leaves, is an annual and has white and pink/purple flowers. Bees seem to like it.

I am also looking for anything else that is pretty and the bees love. PM me please
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:30:05 pm by wfuavenger »

Offline wfuavenger

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 11:39:26 am »
found it, cleome.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 11:48:32 pm »
Yep, Cleome is also known as Spider Flower.  I grow this flower, and it self-seeds like there was narry a tomorrow.  This particular cultivar of Cleome is called Purple Queen, it is beautiful, an enormous plant, like about 6 feet tall, covered in thorns, the leaves do look like cannabis and also smell like it too.  The bees are very fond of it, as are many other beneficial insects, it is the most prettiest flower for the cut flower arrangements.  Have that most beautiful and awesome day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 02:09:10 pm »
I am looking for Martin Gourd seeds (not birdhouse) or dipper gourds. I have some Seminole Pumpkin (actually a moschata winter squash) seeds for trade.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »
I have Catalpa (or here in the south catawba) tree seeds, a very fast growing very large leafed tree where you can grow your own fish bait, and have a lot of flowers on them for the bees. Send me a self addressed and stamped envelope. I would like to get some Paulownia tree seed (I think a common name is princess tree), another big leaved, flowering very fast growing tree (looks like a catalpa).

I am interested in this.

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 01:24:37 pm »

I am interested in this.

Have sent you email
I am my own biggest critic!

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 10:49:30 am »
I am looking for Martin Gourd seeds (not birdhouse) or dipper gourds. I have some Seminole Pumpkin (actually a moschata winter squash) seeds for trade.
David, what you are looking for is "bottle gourds" I have some ,but you know that purple martins eat bees don't you? If you send me sea i will send you some . Doesn't take many plant will produce  5 gourds.  Joel Paul 203 Lake Drive Archdale , NC 27263..JPP

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 01:41:34 am »
i have 2 gourd racks in my back yard. the martins dont mess wth the bees! the bees constantly harrass the martins!
i see them following martins to the rack often.   there can be as many as 6 or 7 following and head butting one bird!

the martins never circle the bee yard at all.
tree swallows on the other hand will circle and eat the hell out of my bees!

bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 10:31:11 pm »
I'd like to get some Vitex and Golden Rain Tree seeds, if anybody has any.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:27 pm »
Rc. Those bloom in the fall around here but then the seeds will be easy to get.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 12:27:13 am »
RC, you can readily propagate Vitex from cuttings.  Intermittent mist works good.  Much faster than seeds and you know for sure what the offspring will look like (a genetic clone).

Offline ky1792

• Brood
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 10:28:39 pm »
I'm looking for sourwood trees or Korean Bee Bee tree seeds - I have borage seed I can trade.

Offline BobsBeeBarn

• New Bee
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 01:15:36 pm »
I would be interested in this I have some buckwheat I can trade off, as well as a ton of Marigolds. Buckwheat is a good late blooming bee plant and Marigolds are good for discouraging deer, snakes, and attracting  butterflies. I would be interested in any heirloom seeds, especially vegetables. You can reach me at robert@beebarn.net
You don't need a parachute to skydive, You do however need one to skydive more than once.

anything