Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Blooms (post pics)  (Read 49960 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
My Blooms (post pics)
« on: July 30, 2008, 07:05:56 pm »
This has probably been done before but here goes:

Thought it would be nice to have one thread to post pictures of what blooms in your area! I often here folks speak of sources that I have no clue what they look like. Sure I can google and find a picture but it will not be your picture ;) (adds a personal touch)! For instance I have never seen fire weed or raspberries (stacker if you are there). I have had folks ask me about Tulip Popular and heard some folks confused between Red Maple and Red Bud (Judas Tree). I know it is past most folks bloom period but maybe you already have some pics.

Maybe it will be easier to have Pics in same place to view. A few things I thought might make it easier (feel free to add your thoughts).

1- Use clickable thumbnails probably easier to manage and use less server space (not sure of space thing -not too computer savvy)?

2- In subject list plant name  (common name). Should make it easier to scan and view.

3- Limit comments in post (just picture would be nice) kinda just a source to view pics

4- check before you post  ex. one blackberry photo would be great (would be nice to have one of blooms and one of fruit however).

5- Don't use this thread as a place to ID your plant. Run a separate post to ID and if not in this thread after a positive ID please :) post in this thread.

You would be surprise @ how many kids in particular don't know where fruits and vegetables come from etc. I feel this would be a good resource for ID and pics of things bees help pollinate ;). 

If this is a good idea people will post -- if not it will fall by the wayside :-D!

Thanks
Steve

I'll try modify post to list pics as they are Posted posted:

Tulip Popular
John 3:16

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Tulip Popular
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 07:25:36 pm »
Tulip Popular:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: My Blooms (post pics)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 03:39:55 pm »
sc-bee.  Might open up a great thread, it might not, time will tell that tale.  Interesting thing to do though, have a wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Goldenrod
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 01:43:10 am »

Roadside Goldenrod

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Kudzu
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 01:45:25 am »

Bout done blooming--- wonderful grape aroma.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:07:33 am by sc-bee »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 07:21:13 pm »
Too bad that this thread never took off....maybe it will now that we all may have a little more time on our hands.  Anyone game?

I loved that picture of the Kadzu by the way (is that how it is spelled?).  I have seen pictures of this stuff, I have actually googled it because it looked so interesting.  It kind of looks like monsters to me.

I'll put in a couple of pictures for you to look at. I have many, many more, but this is a start.  Beautiful day in this great life, great health.  Cindi

A bee on my honeysuckle vine (a non-fragrant one, rats!!!!)

Goatsbeard, beloved by bees

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 03:13:15 pm »
Just found this thread it is a great idea as soon as my laptop is fixed I will start to post my pics aswell

Keith

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 11:10:42 am »
Cindi that looks like what I call stinging Nettle's the last pic.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 11:43:43 am »
Irwin, now isn't that interesting.  It is not stinging nettle here, different plant.  I do wonder if the goatsbeard has a sting though.  I will check that out next spring when it regrows.  The stinging nettle in our neck of the woods is a perennial.  I should go and get a picture of it later today to show you what ours looks like.  Our stinging nettle is not as big as this goatsbeard plant.  I had a horrible run in with that stinging nettle patch in the middle of the chickenyard that I ripped and pulled out last summer.  Man, those things can go right through gloves, never knew that, hee, hee. Beautiful day in this great life, great health wishes for us all.  Cindi

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 11:48:50 am »
Around here it gets up to six foot tall the bloom is a little different same color

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 09:08:39 pm »
Irwin the blooms on ours are whiteish too.  Cindi

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 11:23:22 am »
Cindi when we were kid's we would get in fights with it for the fun of seeing who could take the most pain :evil:

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 01:33:18 pm »
Cindi when we were kid's we would get in fights with it for the fun of seeing who could take the most pain :evil:
Must have been boys involved!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 01:54:07 pm »
Irwin,  :evil:, now that is downright plain and simply bad!!!  Beautiful life, day, health.  Cindi

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 09:41:47 am »
  Yep all boy's

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 07:13:36 pm »

Oh Ann, I got a kick out of the little smiley blue guy.  I pictured you sitting there pounding your fist on the table, laughing your guts out, at what Irwin told us -- oh that made me laugh that secret little laugh inside.  I love to feel these laughy feelings.....beautiful day in this great life, great health.  Cindi

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 09:10:15 am »
He is a good smiley, I got him from BYC.  I've actually got quite a collection now of all different smileys hosted on my webspace with the code stored in a little program on my computer so I can just post them wherever.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 10:41:16 am »
Ann, oh coooooooelle!!!  Have that wonderful and awesome life and day, health.  Cindi

Ann, BTW do I remember somewhere about you being a RMT?  I know that you teach pilates, but I need to ask a question of a RMT and I thought maybe that may be part of your career?  Can't just quite remember......I need to get my body into some better shape, I am very serious.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 02:51:15 pm »
No, Cindi, I am not a massage therapist, but I do go to see a good one!  I am, however, trained to read bodies - we need to take this to PM or a different thread, though!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 09:23:34 pm »
Ann.  Done.  Cindi