Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Badger State Gets Another Beek  (Read 1959 times)

Offline PeskySquirrel

• New Bee
The Badger State Gets Another Beek
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:44:44 am »
First off, thanks to everyone who participates in this forum. This site is truly a gem for those off us just starting out and who need to mine information in order to temper our excitement and intimidation. Which brings me to point number two (and my introduction): I'm a new beekeeper in south-central Wisconsin. Actually, I don't have the bees yet (they come in April), but everything else is ready and waiting. I'm learning new things everyday in preparation and I'm sure once the package is installed in the hive, I'll have plenty of questions for you all. I look forward to participating.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: The Badger State Gets Another Beek
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:34:14 am »
Hello and Welcome!

I think you'll find this forum a great source of info. I know I've learned a great deal, and it's become a habit to check in here regularly.

I always give the same advice to newbees: get involved in a local bee club. You can learn a lot online, but nothing beats having a mentor nearby, especially since much of beekeeping is "local". What works for me in my area may not be appropriate at all for your area. Plus, it's just plain fun to hang out with other beeks! Here's a link to start:
http://www.wihoney.com/LocalBeeClubs.html

anything