Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Muth Jars  (Read 19207 times)

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
Re: Muth Jars
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 01:27:50 pm »
Remember, if you are giving the jars away to clients as thank you gifts, or otherwise using it to promote your business, you can take not only the price of the jars but also (at least part if not all of) the cost of your beekeeping expenses as a tax deduction.

Thanks to some new legislation in Oklahoma this session, beginning July 1 of this year, I will be able for the first time to legally sell my honey without having a separate, licensed honey processing kitchen.  Thus I have always in the past had to give my honey away.

But since I am a realtor I always put my business name on my label which promotes my business and thus let me take my beekeeping activities/equipment as a tax deduction.  I make up separate labels for Christmas gifts, thank you gifts, etc. but most of them say Linda Daxon, Metro First Realty.  I also teach the beginning beekeepers class here in OKC and give talks around town, etc. and at those events I pass out my business card, not just to promote my business but to make sure I satisfy IRS requirements that I am using my beekeeping activities as a business marketing endeavor.  (hope this doesn't lead to the IRS targeting beekeepers.)
linda d

Offline melliferal

• House Bee
  • @Checkmite
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 07:33:31 pm »
and at those events I pass out my business card, not just to promote my business but to make sure I satisfy IRS requirements that I am using my beekeeping activities as a business marketing endeavor.  (hope this doesn't lead to the IRS targeting beekeepers.)

Well if it does, always remember that they didn't start targeting us until YOU posted this. :D
Recently moved; re-keeping in 2014.

Offline JPinMO

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 09:15:53 pm »
Wow, those are gorgeous! I'm Pinning a picture of one to keep in mind for my future honey harvest.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either."  Albert Einstein

Offline melliferal

• House Bee
  • @Checkmite
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2013, 01:32:24 pm »
I think I might end up giving Muths a try too; they are incredibly attractive and "premium"-looking.

In Brushy Mtn's latest catalog I noticed some nice-looking clear labels they're now selling; one of them is on a Muth jar and it looks great.  I'd think either that or the aforementioned string-tag would be the ways to go for labeling these jars.  They're far too pretty to cover up with a big white label IMO.
Recently moved; re-keeping in 2014.

Offline HomeSteadDreamer

• House Bee
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2013, 06:31:38 pm »
I think they look wonderful and prefer glass to plastic

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 05:05:25 pm »
I used these last year and loved them, as did my customers. People didn't bat an eyelash at $12/one-lb jar.
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson