Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ghostly experience  (Read 6675 times)

Offline mtbe

• House Bee
Ghostly experience
« on: August 31, 2010, 08:26:26 pm »
Just found this room.

I am a very skeptical person, and don't believe in ghost stories, alien sightings, paranormal, etc...until now.

One night, a few years ago, my wife and I were asleep in bed.

I woke up and saw a shadow that looked like the outline of a woman's head and torso hovering above my wife.  I wear glasses, and obviously didn't have them on at night, so I squinted and tried to focus, trying to make it out.  I thought to myself, this is a shadow from the tree outside.  But the more I looked, this 'shadow' wasn't on the wall.  It was definitely above my wife's legs, upright.

Well, I stared and stared for I don't know how long.  Could have been 5 seconds or 5 minutes.  The face (I didn't see any features on the face, but could tell it was the front of the head as I could see shoulder length, wavy hair on the sides and back of the head) was looking down at my wife's face/head.

All of a sudden, my wife SCREAMS and bolts upright.

Still not exactly positive what I saw, I asked my wife what it was (of course, concerned with her screaming).  I didn't want to tell her what I thought I saw, I wanted her to confirm it before I said anything.

So, asking her what it was, she very frighteningly replied that she saw a ghost.

What did it look like, I asked?
....It looked like a woman....

How could you tell?
...She had shoulder length, wavy hair....

What was the ghost doing?
....It was looking at me....

(Now here is where I still get hair standing on the back of my neck)

Did you see the ghost do anything?
...When I woke up and screamed, the ghost turned it's head and looked out the window....then slowly faded away....
(that is EXACTLY what I saw when my wife screamed!)

I then explained to her that I saw exactly the same thing. 

We didn't sleep the rest of the night, and moved to another bedroom for a week.  We are now in a different house (not because of this story), but still have no explanation.

Again, I'm not a believer of ghost stories or paranormal.  I know what I, and my wife, saw, and I'm not going to make up stories about who it was or why it was there (because I really have no idea), but the best description I have is that it was a ghost.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Ghostly experience
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:09 pm »
Hey, perhaps that ghost wanted a Ménage à trois? Maybe an ex jealous girlfriend from the past?

I believe in ghosts.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:42:54 pm »
Which is worst.   A woman's head in your bed or waking up finding a horse's head?   

And with JP, that would be better that a dude's head.

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:13:05 am »
Our place is very haunted.  There are times when someone blows cigarette smoke in your face, neither of us smokes, and the smell of Old Spice will drift through the house.  Things move and cupboard doors open on their own.  One her first visit to our newly purchased home, my mother saw a man walk into the bathroom.  The real fun, however, is watching the dogs watching "someone" walking up and down the stairs.  As our spirit friends don't eat much, and they don't bother anyone, they are free to stay here as long as they like.  I consider the place as our little piece of heaven, so perhaps they feel the same?

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 09:11:30 am »
I think I have a ghost obsessed with light switches.  I'll walk around at night flipping all the lights off, and I no sooner turn around and half of them are back on again.

Although it might have something to do with having 5 kids.... :roll:
Rick

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:42:05 pm »
You might be onto something there, we have the same problem with the lights.   And the toilet not getting flushed, and food left on the couch, and....and....and......

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:28:22 am »
My question would be: Did you later find out that a relative or friend passed away about that time?  The fact that the woman was staring at your wife indicates to me she was trying to say something to her and was having a hard time making the connection.  That would also be why you were able to see her also.

Sometimes those passing on will stop off and say goodbye to those they love or feel an obligation to.  My grandfather appeared to my grandmother at the time he died and told her goodbye.  I later saw him standing behind his casket at his funeral, the 1st ghost I am ever conscious of seeing.  When I go to funerals I almost always see the dearly departed, they will be wearing either what I last saw them wearing when they were alive, what they were buried in, or in the case of casual acquaintences-white robes. They usually stand behind or near the casket and seem to enjoy the funeral proceedings a great deal.  I've also know some to get actively involved in the service.  My daughter was having a hard time trying to sing the song my mother had asked her to sing at her funeral.  Suddenly I see my mother leave my father's side (she died 6 months before he did), walk up to my daughter and literally step into her.  At that point my daughter took and deep breath and began to sing, a duet.  I could actually hear both my daughter's and my mother's voices.  All 3 of my brothers asked me afterward if I had heard the duet tha they had also heard.
The 1st time you see someone pass on, literally step out of their body, look around (they'll usually smile at those who can see them) then walk towards the light.  There is a golden glow that appears near them seconds after they step out of their bodies.  I was present when both my parents died and whatched them do that.
Another thing one might notice when somebody passes on, or more correctly, just before they pass on, is that they will tell a visitor to move as they are standing in somebody, or in somebody's way, often, especially, in the case of a lingering death, close relatives and friends that have proceeded someone in death will return in their last days and aid in the crossing.  That was the case with my mother, as she lingered for several weeks with bone cancer, and her sister and brothers came to see her.  At one point I actually became aware that I was standing in the same spot as my aunt Mary and moved so my mother and her sister could talk.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 12:29:16 am »
  Strange things happen.  When my Uncle died his son awoke in the middle of the night and felt he needed to go downstairs to the living room of his house. At the bottom of the stairs he entered the room and saw his Father in Law standing in the middle of the room. His Father in Law having been dead for several years at the time.
  He claimed that the figure spoke to him and called him by name, and told him that his Father had just died. That he didn't need to worry any more and that his Mother had not seen him die.
  He called the hospital and they confirmed that his Father had passed a few minutes earlier. My wife was at the hospital with my Aunt keeping her company and had seen the old boy pass. She said that my Aunt had dozed off for a few minutes and that when she realized that he had died she woke her to tell her.
  After that my Aunt claims when she is worried or feeling bad at bed time she can shut off the lights and lie down, and in a few moments she feels the bed sag as my Uncle goes to bed, and she feels him pat her shoulder to say good night.

I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.