Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I used to wonder why !!!  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
I used to wonder why !!!
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:33:41 am »
  An elderly senior couple were invited to an old friends home for dinner one evening. She was impressed by the way her lady friend preceded every request to her husband with endearing terms such as: Honey, My love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc. The couple had been married almost 70 years and, clearly, they were still very much in love.

While the husbands were in the living room, the host leaned over to her friend to say, ‘I think it’s wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your husband all those loving pet names’.
The elderly lady hung her head. ‘I have to tell you the truth,’ she said, ‘His name slipped my mind about 10 years ago and I’m scared to death to ask the cranky old bastard what his name is.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: I used to wonder why !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 02:37:30 pm »
There is a vision of my future.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:55:21 pm »
Future, Heck, I'm there....
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 05:21:30 pm »
Yeah I married whats her name way back..... wait a minute, did I marry her. When did she get here. Who is she?

Who am I?  :brian:
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 06:38:02 pm »
My wife is Peggy. We celebrate our anniversary on Aug 10. Her birthday is Sept 7. Of all the holidays, valentine's day is her favorite.

You get beat enough you remember :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 12:21:00 am »
I think I can't remember because I was beat so................

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 06:59:49 am »
My husband has it easy.  We were married on my birthday.  He only has to remember one day and he's never forgotten. 

Of course, if he ever does, it's nice to know from such good sources that the beating thing works!  :-D

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:38 pm »
Help Alicia.  How do I remember the birthday ???
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 02:17:06 pm »
Tattoo it on your forehead backwards so you can read it in the mirror?  LOL!!!  :-D 

Or guess, and if you get it wrong tell her it should be her birthday every day!  I warn you however, that solution, though romantic, raises expectations!  ;)

Alicia

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 04:55:34 pm »
Since I don't even remember my birthday I am not expected to remember the wife's.  ;)
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 04:59:25 pm »
Think of something spectacular that happened on that date. Something you can remember easily. My wife's birthday is Sept. 11...
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*