Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hive Pushed Over  (Read 6200 times)

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
Re: Hive Pushed Over
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 11:49:14 am »
you have 50,000 hives holy crap

LMAO. No one of my SC hives that is apparently worth $50,000. Long story.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 12:27:44 pm »
that would be impressive 50,000 hive, you could turn quite some cash with that many hives

Offline alfred

• House Bee
    • Alfred's Massage
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 12:48:18 pm »
I'll bite, Whats the story. :?

Offline zzen01

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 12:53:59 pm »
Klaymore Mines, .50 Cal(Interlocking Fields of fire) and You w/ an AK-47 staring at your neighbors with a crazed look should be enough.

Offline CAHighwind

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 02:03:36 pm »
Thanks for all the responses.  Trust me, I would peal off some rounds from any of my several firearms IF it wasn't forbidden by the covenants out here.  Last thing I need is a busy body home owner's association breathing down my neck...  Though, I was in tears over the whole thing, I love my bees.

As for confronting them, the more I think about it, I think I will take what was suggested here and just go over there to "warn them" that someone has vandalized my property, and that they, as neighbors should be aware of it.  I also do think I'll call the police and put in a report, though I doubt more will come of it than that since we have like... 3 police officers in this one horse town and even if they did come out, these folks, being behind my property probably wouldn't see it.

As for the game camera, that was my husband's first suggestion.  We'll be going to the Microcenter this weekend and seeing what they have so I can set up a "bee cam".

Since Tuesday, nothing else has happened and I can only hope that they got their butts stung so bad that they're afraid to come over that fence again.  Maybe my bees are a lot more frightening than my two, push over, couch potato Dobermans will ever be.

Offline qbert

• New Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »
I think you should notify law enforcement and then see if they will go over and talk to them and check for bee stings. Best wishes and don't let the jerks get you down.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 04:01:19 pm »
Call me jaded but outside of this forum I've never heard of someone being bold enough to vandalize a apiary.
Some days I'm afraid of my own bees.

We live in the city.

All that aside I can't even begin to imagine the conversation that would conclude to such a thing.
Gearless, smokeless, ignorant and quite frankly heartless.

Look it up on youtube.  I bet there are 200 hives getting knocked over/ pushed over/ hit with a truck/ whatever on there.
There is a lot of stupid out there, and it ain't all kids doing it.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 05:28:17 pm »
Call me jaded but outside of this forum I've never heard of someone being bold enough to vandalize a apiary.

We live in the city.

All that aside I can't even begin to imagine the conversation that would conclude to such a thing.

Look it up on youtube.  I bet there are 200 hives getting knocked over/ pushed over/ hit with a truck/ whatever on there.

there is a lot of stupid everywhere, I think it is coming from the flu shots

Offline Livefreeordie

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 10:49:42 pm »

We live in the city.

there is a lot of stupid everywhere, I think it is coming from the flu shots

LMAO!!! That right there is funny...
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offline Paynesgrey

• House Bee
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 05:04:23 pm »
File a police report. Having the police come over, talk to you, then them, as they would be closest possible "witnesses" should deter them. And if they happen to be covered in stings, which should be pretty obvious by now, when the officer talks to them, all the better and more convenient. 

You don't need them spreading the word that your "killerbees", un-provoked, attacked them at their barbeque or whatever other story they might spread to cover their stings, if they did it.

That way also, if other damage is done to your hives and bees, there is also a record that it was not an isolated incident.  Hidden game cam sounds like a smart idea too.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 10:35:19 pm »
My boy told me once that he didn't need that stupid flu shot.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 10:50:03 pm »
actually he  was right, vitamin D is just as effective as the flu vaccine

Offline Pillpeddler

• New Bee
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 01:29:07 am »
May God watch over city folks  :-D   Make sure that when the police show up you see that they leave with a quart or so of the Golden-Love-O-the-Bees!  Not a bribe, no no no.  Its a reminder of what the world would be missing due to such heinous acts of wanton distruction.  And if that didn't work I'd put the next swarm I found in the butthead neighbors freakin car.  :evil: