Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee sting, need help!!!!  (Read 17886 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bee sting, need help!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 02:56:34 am »
Been ripping out stinging nettle in an area in my chickenyard, and the stolens, the underground runners (is that the right term?), massive whelps on my arms, pain, used colloidal silver water, lessened the pain, I am happy, but still pain.....I know this pain and whelps will be gone by the morning.  These are nasties....but they are setting seed, so a must to get rid of.  The chickens loved the newly refreshed earth....I think that they are weary of trying to get into this forbidden area, the stinging nettle command this particular area.  The Impatiens Capensis are not fully developed yet (yes, the cold, cold spring), so I can't use them for relief, plantain, well, I don't really like to chew on that stuff, it tastes not too good to me, but I know the power of plantain.  This is a beautiful day, enjoy these days, and have a wonderful and most special life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 07:43:10 am »
Got those ferns with the orange dots of a kinda powdery substance on the bottom of the leaves nearby?  If so, pluck a full stem and rub that orange stuff into the general area of the nettle stings, and in 15 minutes you'll be good to go.  Use it before you get into the nettles to not even get so bothered by the nettles in the first place.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 02:40:30 pm »
SarMgr.  Yep, got those ferns, I think they are the ostrich fern, but maybe go by another name.  Too bad I didn't know about this before, hee, hee, I had the battle of my life with them, my arms are still kind of prickly feeling, but almost gone.  Now you have sent me off to an adventure, and I love adventures.  I still do have an area that I could attack.  Maybe....just maybe....later I will grab a fern frond and rub it on my arms and head into that patch, advertently getting the nettle stings.  If I do so, I will post my results of this experiment, I love to experiment and I am not afraid of pain, hee, hee.  Have this most beautiful and wonderful day, to live like there was narry a tomorrow.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 07:05:03 pm »
Went to let my dogs out this morning and my male ratter was the first one out and a bee stung his back lack, he's been a baby the entire day.

If I try and take the stinger out he tries to bite me for real, teeth and all, and I know he would do it.

I'm thinking of just leaving it in or having my wife place a towel over his head like we did when we had to remove a tick from between his toes.

She's not real excited about the project but I just don't know if leaving it will turn into some infection or something.

What do y'all think?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 08:04:06 pm »
What do y'all think?

I'd re-dog.   I like my dogs just like my bees,  calm and non-defensive.

Seriously though,  Is he licking it a lot.  When my black lab get stung on the paw,  she will lick it like crazy,  and sometimes get the stinger out herself before I can find it.   It would be best to get it out,  but I wouldn't risk a trip to the hospital for a dog bit though.   If bears and wild animals can survive getting stung, I'm sure your dog can too.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 09:01:33 pm »
We have a dog that has really long toenails and he raises a ruckus like that when we try to cut them JP!
 But this dog also has seizures. He hasnt had one in a while (At least where we can observe)But he used to have one about every two weeks or more. We learned, after the last episode, that this is a great time to cut his toenails! He doesnt see anything or know anything but he looks like he does cuz his eyes bulge out :shock: So, while we try to hold him down so he doesnt hurt himself we take this opportunity to cut his nails! :)

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2008, 01:23:10 am »
We have a dog that has really long toenails and he raises a ruckus like that when we try to cut them JP!
 But this dog also has seizures. He hasnt had one in a while (At least where we can observe)But he used to have one about every two weeks or more. We learned, after the last episode, that this is a great time to cut his toenails! He doesnt see anything or know anything but he looks like he does cuz his eyes bulge out :shock: So, while we try to hold him down so he doesnt hurt himself we take this opportunity to cut his nails! :)

your friend,
john

Both of my rats get seizures, the male just very seldom, the female, we have to give her pills from the vet every day for 'em, she once had three right in front my wife.

The vet says long ones can leave permanent damage because the body temperature is greatly raised during a seizure. It can cause brain damage.

Oh, we took the stinger outta his leg and Chooch is back to normal runnin' around as if nothing happened but he did mope for 3/4 of the day. The bee def got the best of him, poor lil fella.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2008, 03:45:01 pm »
JP, John, oh dear.  We had a dog once that had seizures all the time.  He was on medication daily to help prevent them.  It did help to a certain extent, but he still had those now and then.  I can recall the disorientation after the seizure, I know what you speak about.  I recall one time after his seizure he ran straight into the fireplace, thank my lucky stars it was not on.  Eventually this dog had to be put down.  It broke my heart in two or three pieces for sure. 

It was a night, about midnight, we were still up (yes, in those days we did stay up a little later than our 9:00 bedtime now, oh brother.....those were the days, hee, hee).  He went into that grand mal, but he did not come out of it...it carried on and we called the vet.  Yes, in those days, you could call the vet and he would attend his office in the middle of the night.  He had warned us that a day would come when he would have that grand mal that would not stop.  That day had come.  I remember my youngest Daughter and my Husband packing up this German ShephardX dog in a blanket, the seizure in still full blown happening.  They took him to the vet and he didn't come home.  It brings those tears to my eyes still to this day.  Crockette, a dog that I loved to pieces.....there have been many dogs that have come and gone....a shame they don't have the lifetime of us humans.  One day I am sure I will see all my dogs again.  Have that most beautiful, wonderful day, love our lives.  Cindi

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2008, 04:52:11 am »
The vet says long ones can leave permanent damage because the body temperature is greatly raised during a seizure. It can cause brain damage.

After I had my tonsils taken out I had a secondary infection that raised my temp. to 107 by the time I was taken back to the hospital.  I went unconscious, but apart from that I didn't suffer from any dain bramage... I mean brain lamage... I mean brain damage, that I know of anyway.  :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2008, 12:39:29 pm »

After I had my tonsils taken out I had a secondary infection that raised my temp. to 107 by the time I was taken back to the hospital.  I went unconscious, but apart from that I didn't suffer from any dain bramage... I mean brain lamage... I mean brain damage, that I know of anyway.  :-D

You did Sarge, you just don't know it. :-D

I had pneumonia about 15 yrs ago and my temps got to 105 1/2 and my head felt like it was in a vise, the doctor said that's the temp when your brain starts frying, ouch!!!

...JP

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2008, 08:56:58 pm »
    Our Chessie pup we had use to try and taste the bees and they would nail her.  They were fine when she was on top of the hives, but preferred not to be candidates for tasters choice.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)