Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: uninspected end of my season.  (Read 2749 times)

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
uninspected end of my season.
« on: July 02, 2016, 02:19:40 PM »
Well my season of beekeeping is over for probly the next 12 months. I had a bad accident at work Friday . I destroyed my right shoulder. Tore allbmuscles and Tenon's to my right upper arm.destroyed the carlige cracked the ball joint. Will have to have surgery . and 12 months of recover to get back some use. So no more use of my arm. Right now the arm is locked against my side. Till I see the surgeon Tuesday.  Worst is I'm right handed. Told wife that if she falls that I'll have to call 911 to get her up. All this makes me sick. If not for all the bad luck I would not have any luck at all.

John

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
Re: uninspected end of my season.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 02:52:07 PM »
Wishing you well.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 03:14:12 PM »
John,
Sorry to hear that.
I hope you heal quickly.
Your bees will bee fine, they can take care of them selves for the next year or so.
Maybe some one close by can help out.
Jm
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 04:04:54 PM »
John,

What Jim said.  Take care of yourself and your wife and let the bees take care of themselves like they did for thousands of years before man started thinking he could help them.  Just keep on with the forum and givong good advice.  Keep us informed of things.

"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'll still be on forum. Was just hoping to make some major splints before fall flow to get my no.s up from last winter losses. I'll just let them keep everything as is. I know some people in the area. I'll talk to them if I see anyone.

Thanks again.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 02:49:26 AM »
Sorry to hear that, John.  Hope you heal and get better quickly.  Our prayers will be for you and your wife. 

Joe D

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »
So sorry to hear about your accident.  Heal fast and take care of yourself.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 02:34:23 PM »
Owww! Get well soon!

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 09:32:55 PM »
Dang! Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. Hope all goes well. Don't get yourself ahead of recovery time or you'll have to start back all over again.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 11:08:47 PM »
I'm going to follow  their plan to the letter. I'm not going to let HR or my boss dictate my recovery.

John

Offline Peanut

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 11:21:59 PM »
Sorry to hear it man... mullein leaf will speed bone healing. Solomons Seal will ease the pain from ligaments and tendons... get well soon.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 02:38:49 PM »
I was thinking that Gray, Ga was right across the line. I was going to make plans to help you but looking at the map it's 5-6 hours away or more.

Peanut, things are looking up on the possibility of a different position. If things go well I might be joining yall up there. If things work out it'll be the first time since "77 that I'll actually have "every" weekend off.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 10:08:25 PM »
Thanks GSF. Well got the verdict today. Split the cup in my shoulder in half and have to have surgery to put the parts back together. Having it done on the 14th. He won't know which Tenon's and muscles are damaged until he opens me up. Then the long road to recovery. Now to get the finances in order. Workman's comp. Is crap. And the laws don't help. They get us to buy short and long term disability and then say you can't collect it even tho you pay for it. Extra Because the law doesn't think you deserve it even tho you were smart enough to buy extra coverage in case something happens. What a ripoff. Doesn't even tell you when you look at your policy that the law says you can't get WC and a payed for disability insurance at same time because that's double dipping. Well I'm going to talk to a attorney about this fraud .

John

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 11:31:17 PM »
The accident happened at work, so your employer should pay for all the Dr and hospital bills and you should get workman's comp, and I think your Ins. should pay also, maybe the lawyer will think so too.  May you get better as quick as possible.

Good luck John

Joe D

Offline cao

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 12:24:53 AM »
Get well soon.  I hope it all works out.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 11:36:09 AM »
Well when it rains it pours! Now they are talking about multiple surgeries. Plus I have received 3 calls in the pass couple days to due bee removals. Dang could of used the bees and income. But I due have a fellow beekeeper that really needs the bees to so I have called him and he is going to due the removals. At least the bees well be saved and have good new home.

John

Offline MT Bee Girl

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 09:27:32 AM »
I'm really sorry you got hurt John. Hope everything goes well and you heal quickly!
Yvonne
I'd rather be playing with venomous insects
GO BEES!

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »
Help I accidentally saved to draft a reply who do I post a draft I saved? It to long to try and retype it

John

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »
You should be able to open the draft and send it.  If not, open it, copy it, then start a new message, paste and send.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 03:54:55 PM »
Well the surgery went will. 45 min operation took 4.5 hours. Lots of pain. They had me a morphine pump to come home with. Worked great for a little will then it would not give doses. Called home health about it still did not work. This was at 11:45 at night. So they had me taking percoet 10-345 two at time every 3 hours. Didn't help. It felt like I was being cut open again. I got 1hour sleep the first night. The home health got here around 8:30 am Friday. They found the IV hose inside pump had crimped. They replaced it. They said that I tried to dose it 143 times but only received 12 doses. They let me keep it till Sunday. She removed the bandage and it looks good. But instead of a 1.5 inch cut it was 11 inches long from shoulder to arm. I'm having loss of sensation in hand from time to time. They want me to move lower arm. But I cannot extend arm pass half open. Boy I think the rehabilitation is going to be real. Fun. :cry:. Then to top it off. I was going to pickup some of my wife's meds at the store ( she can not drive now) and her car front tire is split and flat. Can't drive my truck it's a stick shift.  I tried driving it in the neighborhood not good. The next day my shoulder killed me. Now waiting to get tires on the front replace. Nephew is going to do that today and Friday after work. Called all my Billings and asked for extensions. They agreed. Just waiting for WC to send my first check. Long slow and trying process. God willing I won't fall apart. Plus I'm going nuts. I don't like not having something to do with my hands all  the time. Hate being idle.

If it wasn't for all this forums members my mind would be toast by now. The humor and questions keep my mind rolling

John