Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: uninspected end of my season.  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
Re: uninspected end of my season.
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2016, 01:58:42 PM »
There may be a bright side to this. I screwed up my shoulder a few years back and I didn't want the doc to go crazy trying to fix it up. Couldn't really afford to be out of work for really long. He debrided the rotator cuff and I was back at work in a month. Now I'm paying for the easy fix all day every day. Getting it fixed up right may be the good news.

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2016, 04:05:31 PM »
So sorry to hear about the extra surgeries.   It'll be tough, but it will be worth it in the end.   We'd like to have you keeping bees for a few more decades.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2016, 04:24:54 PM »
It's got to be discouraging, but remember; easier isn't always better.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
UPDATE:

WELL had surgery Friday. they where supposed give me a nerve block on my arm to keep me awake. but doctor took another look at echo o my arm and decided to knock me out. good thing he did. after doing the trigger realease on my five finger's he started the wrist realease and he saw muscles torn from tenons. he repaired that then when to the elbow. when he cut me he found that all the muscles below and above the elbow where torn. he ended up cutting my arm from elbow to wrist and elbow to armpit. he reattached the muscles and tenons then did the release. the nerve and tenon where so stretched that he had to cut and reroute them through the muscle and attach it there.  so now I'll have the bandages on for 8-12 weeks in a sling at all times and then in cast from armpit  to finger's for 12-18 weeks then rehab to get what i can get back. plus still having rehab on shoulder at same time. life just got a Little bet ruffer. but not for all you alls prayers and good words I would probably give up and be a basket case.

thanks to all

john

Online MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2016, 03:06:59 PM »
Dive, our thoughts and prayers to you so hopefully you can get some normalcy back in the future. I had a life threatening accident in2013 was out of work for 2 yrs.  I'm back doing the same job. So please hang in there it will get better with time.  An like others have said it may hurt to rehab but its for the best.

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2016, 03:08:24 PM »
Holy Moly John,

You must be in severe pain with all that damage. Prayers will continue, brother!

Neill

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2016, 08:48:26 AM »
Ouch.   Hang in there!  Sending lots of prayers your way.   Everything's going to work out OK.   
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2016, 09:30:00 AM »
Wow John, I just read the whole thread.  I had no idea what you were going through.  A man's strength is not what he can lift but what he can endure.  Keep on enduring and you will get through it.  All I can do is pray for your recovery.  That much I will do.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »
well I went to see my surgeon who did my shoulder work. he says that most likely I have ended my career as a mechanic. evertime I raise my right arm up high and bring it down it locks and the pops with severe pain. to the point of almost dropping me to my knees. he said that there is not much else he can do and that what is happing is post surgery arthritis that I'm most likely have to learn to live with. he is going to do a MRI  just to see if he can see anything that because of the location of the implants that it most likely will no read. will now to go to my hand and elbow surgeon and see what he says. I can finally touch my fingers to my palm but still have no grip. on the grip gauge they show left hand at 95 pounds and the right at 55 pounds. they say it should be near 125 pounds. I still have severe pain in the whole arm. now lets see what they Will do at work they may try and put me behind a desk. I am not going to do that because I'm Afraid  that they will do it to just say after being in the desk position that I'm not preforming my duties good enough and fire my so they don't have to take care of my shoulder for life.

john

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »
John,

Even if you can't pull wrenches anymore the experience you have in your head is invaluable to younger bucks coming up. I hope your employers recognize that simple fact.

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2017, 04:58:06 PM »
I will pray for you.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2017, 07:25:52 PM »
John,

Even if you can't pull wrenches anymore the experience you have in your head is invaluable to younger bucks coming up. I hope your employers recognize that simple fact.

Unfortunatly I work for a Manicapality. their Idea is they think they can save more money and time sending the repair work out. their words. even tho they have problems now getting anyone to take some of the work because they think that they dont have to pay for the work until they want to. they have bills over 6 months old and refuse to pay any late fees and want to only pay for the work at the cost they fell they should be paying for it. they have lawsuits against them that the city lawyers have been putting extenstion on that are over 3 years old trying to get them to die by the busness going under or running their costs up.

john

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »
Typical lawyer stuff.  (I'm a retired lawyer, but not that kind of one.  You know the word grifter?  Lawyers like that are grifters, in my book.)

"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 08:28:15 PM »
they have lawsuits against them that the city lawyers have been putting extenstion on that are over 3 years old trying to get them to die by the busness going under or running their costs up.

Isn't corporate america wonderful?  Aren't you wondering why people were so impressed with Trump  that they voted for him and are in your shoes?  It is one thing to be buffooned by the buffoon, bare with it because the equalizer is coming.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »
John,
Call Morgan and Morgan at 404 321 4060. They are the best and you will not have to pay anything.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2017, 10:57:43 AM »
John,
Call Morgan and Morgan at 404 321 4060. They are the best and you will not have to pay anything.
Jim

For the People...  :happy:

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2017, 10:53:52 PM »
will got the results of my latest MRI. well now for surgery no. 3 and procedure no. 9 .
he said that my bicep is shredded and that the treads are getting caught and causing the arm to lock and then when they let go that they snap back causing the knee dropping pain. he says that they are going to go in and see if they can stitch the muscle back together or if they can't then they will cut the tendon to the bicep  to stop the pain. He says that I won't lose any strength in my arm but that I won't get anymore than I have now. will now I setting it up for sometime in the next two weeks. after the wife and I get back from atl. from the Nero optomolegist to find out why she went blind about 4 weeks ago.

john

he we go again probly out of work for at least another 3 weeks.

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2017, 12:30:19 AM »
That is rough. Let know what we can do to help. Will keep you in our prayers.
I went blind for a couple of weeks when I was 4. No one told me what was going on. I had nightmares about it until mid teens. I guess my mind was trying to figure out what had happened. It wasn't until I was 26 that my parents told me what happened. It was a virus of the optic nerve. I went away on its own.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2017, 07:27:48 AM »
Hang in there, John. This forum wouldn't know what to do without us. Acebird would go nuts from boredom.
My wife is taking shots directly into both eyeballs trying to get enough sight back to drive.
They put 5 stents in one artery in my heart Tuesday, There were 3 or 4 times I thought I was gasping for my last breath, but I got through what I think was the worst of it and am breathing fairly smoothly now. I think I may even get out of the house today.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2017, 09:17:27 AM »
Hang in there, John. This forum wouldn't know what to do without us. Acebird would go nuts from boredom.
Amen to that!
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything