Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it infamy"  (Read 473 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
"Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it infamy"
« on: February 05, 2017, 03:18:40 PM »
Not quite the 'Carry On Film' (mister go*gle is your friend) but The 'Donald' will undoubtedly be saying "the courts, the courts! they've all got it infamy" The reigning in has already started. Long may it continue. :cheesy: 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:36:03 PM by cidersabuzzin »
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: "Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it infamy"
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:52:34 PM »
I'm not that sure we want him reigned in much.  What everybody dislikes about him is why we voted for him.  Or maybe I just miss read your post.     We sure didn't want Hillary.  You can have her and Bill.

Joe D

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:15:56 AM »
We finally have a true leader and you want to stop him. He actually gives us hope for the future of this country.
Obama did all kinds of things that were actually against the Construction that he Swore to protect and defend and no one in the media had any problems.
President Trump is doing his job as prescribed by the Constitution to protect us from our sworn enemies and the media and a few judges want to stop him.
What a bunch of traitors.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:34:53 AM »
I'd love to see the courts get in the habit of reigning in executive orders... maybe they will keep it up when the left wing is back in power.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 10:58:08 AM »
I've come to the conclusion that the demorats howl the loudest when the republicans use the dem's own filthy methods against them.  The temper tantrums the dems are throwing now are like a spoiled 4 year old child whose toys have been borrowed by another kid.  "You can't pway wiff my toys! IT's mine! Gimme gimme gimme!  MooommYYYY!"
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »
I'd love to see the courts get in the habit of reigning in executive orders... maybe they will keep it up when the left wing is back in power.
Michael, Michael,
Wake up, your day dreaming again.  :cheesy:
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
The demorats stayed up all night long so the VP could make history.  Maybe DeVos will take the ball running.

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 04:27:17 PM »
I agree with Mr. Bush. We need more courts to reign in unconstitutional executive orders.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 04:24:52 PM »
Not quite the 'Carry On Film' (mister go*gle is your friend) but The 'Donald' will undoubtedly be saying "the courts, the courts! they've all got it infamy" The reigning in has already started. Long may it continue. :cheesy:

Two down. One to go! and maybe even a draw in the third! Great checks and balances!!! :grin:

BTW the film was the 1964 comedy 'Carry On Cleo' where Julius Caesar exclaims "They've all" etc
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:09:05 PM by cidersabuzzin »
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 12:33:47 AM »
The Democrats fear an appointment like Gorsuch who will rule based on the Constitution rather than be a judicial activist that tries to write law from the bench.
Congress  has the power to remove activist judges through the impeachment process if they overstep their Constitutional boundaries. And for that matter, congress sets the number of courts as it sees fit, and could presumably eliminate the 9th district court where the progressives run to for a little activism from the bench.
Could you imagine how things may change if Gorsuch is seated and Ginsburg retires only to be replaced with another non progressive?

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 06:29:02 AM »
"Could you imagine how things may change if Gorsuch is seated and Ginsburg retires only to be replaced with another non progressive?"

It would bee a great day for America.
Jim

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 09:28:04 AM »
The Democrats fear an appointment like Gorsuch who will rule based on the Constitution rather than be a judicial activist that tries to write law from the bench.
Still blaming Democrats even when the Republicans have a clear majority?  Gorsuch refused to answer questions from some of the Republican senators.  Side stepping and not answering is an answer.  You would have to be an air head to believe that the Judicial branch is not political and that every judge has his / her own bias.  The Constitution is a document like all great documents that can be interpreted different ways.  That is where bias comes in.  Side stepping and not answering questions is the same as answering the questions.

Trump thinks he can rule like his buddy Putin.  Lets see if he sticks around long enough for them to take him down in hand cuffs.  Wouldn't that make America Great again?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »
Side stepping and not answering is an answer.

There are questions that he can't answer.  he will be hearing cases and can't have already formed opinions on them before hearing them.  I'd worry far more about a pending appointment that DID answer all the questions.

Trump thinks he can rule like his buddy Putin.

That, coming from an Obama supporter is just funny!!   :grin:
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 11:57:57 AM »
he will be hearing cases and can't have already formed opinions on them before hearing them.

But he already has and it is blatantly obvious.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 11:22:06 PM »
as opposed to Ginsburg saying "I'll vote to uphold Roe v Wade" ?
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 06:39:28 PM »
But he already has and it is blatantly obvious.

Examples?

Most of what they asked him he would be wrong to talk about.  He did what he should do and didn't answer specifics about cases.
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

anything