Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Terror Attack in London  (Read 479 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
Terror Attack in London
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:19:12 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39357930

Will update as more info is released.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Terror Attack in London
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:50:45 AM »
If only they had gun control there... oh wait... nevermind...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:18:49 PM by Michael Bush »
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »
There really is not a lot coming out of it right now but I will try to update when I see it.

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/23/uk-police-make-several-arrests-in-raid-linked-to-investigation-into-attack-on-parliament-reports.html
We have made 7 arrests: London's Met Police   We have made 7 arrests: London's Met Police 
11 Hours Ago | 03:07
London police have released the name of the man who killed three people and injured 40 before he was shot to death in a suspected lone wolf terror attack on the Houses of Parliament.

One of those killed was an American who was visiting with his wife on their 25th wedding anniversary.

Khalid Masood, 52, was born in Kent in 1964 and was believed to have most recently lived in the Midlands, the Metropolitan Police said in a statement Thursday.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »
If only they had gun control there... oh wait... nevermind...

Lol.  They even have knife control.
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 04:10:42 PM »
Khalid Masood, 52, was born in Kent in 1964 and was believed to have most recently lived in the Midlands, the Metropolitan Police said in a statement Thursday.

This 2nd and 3rd gen terrorist business is all the more reason to limit immigration.  I don't want to see this going on into my grandkids lives...and conceivably worse because we have more of them. 
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »

This 2nd and 3rd gen terrorist business is all the more reason to limit immigration.  I don't want to see this going on into my grandkids lives...and conceivably worse because we have more of them.
You think there are not american born (probably European dissent) that are not crazy enough to inflict terror?  Do you remember Waco TX?  How about Hitler?  Heck, how about Trump?  Insanity covers all gene pools.
The weapon was not a gun it was a vehicle which could easily be disabled if it wasn't for the worry warts who are so afraid of loosing their liberties to kill people.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »
You think there are not american born (probably European dissent) that are not crazy enough to inflict terror?  Do you remember Waco TX?  How about Hitler?  Heck, how about Trump?  Insanity covers all gene pools.

This is a curious argument.  Because there may be people already here who are nuts or terrorists we should not worry that we might import more?

Waco was government terrorism which goes to my constant argument about limiting government.  Hitler?  Really?  And Trump...perhaps you could share his terrorist ideology with us?

The weapon was not a gun it was a vehicle which could easily be disabled if it wasn't for the worry warts who are so afraid of loosing their liberties to kill people.

One weapon was a car.  The other a knife.  Beyond that, I have no idea what you are talking about.
It should be noted that England has knife control. 

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 08:56:58 PM »
What should be noted that nut cases are nut cases and unless you (society) is willing to exterminate nut cases there will be more.  You will not eliminate them by banning a group of people or religion.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 09:59:42 PM »
You are correct. You will not eliminate them. That does not mean you need to import them.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 10:17:57 PM »
You are correct. You will not eliminate them. That does not mean you need to import them.

Nobody is importing anything.  They are born here.  The ones that make it into this country are screened.  They become model citizens.  The ones that are born here have seen the abuse from the 1% and become radicalized.  Poverty is the problem.  Big money is the evil.  It is all home grown.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 10:43:46 PM »
Ace do you really believe anything you post??

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 10:44:49 PM »
Tell that to the 9/11 victims' families. How many of those were home grown?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 10:52:51 PM »
That is pure BS. Look at the guy who shot up the night club. She didn't come from a poor background. He came from a very comfortable middle-class background. The ones in San Bernardino we're not poor. That is leftist crap.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 11:16:42 PM »
Ace do you really believe anything you post??
X2
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 12:03:26 PM »

How are you going to "easily disable" a vehicle moving at roadway speed on a public thoroughfare?  If (England's unarmed) police shoot the engine, it won't do anything at all to stop the vehicle immediately (contrary to Hollywood's portrayal), and you endanger the surrounding people.  If you shoot the tires, the vehicle can still travel on flat tires at a considerable rate of speed.  If you shoot the driver, you have created a non-guided missile, over which you have no control, and no way to know it's trajectory or velocity.  You can't put up barriers in the middle of highway lanes, either.

Knives are much more easily concealable than guns.  I'll concede that it takes more effort to kill someone with a knife than with a gun, but killing is not always the end goal of terrorism.  TERROR is the point of terrorism, and knifing someone or ramming them with a car is certainly as terrifying as shooting them.

Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 12:11:50 PM »

Nobody is importing anything.  They are born here.  The ones that make it into this country are screened.  They become model citizens.  The ones that are born here have seen the abuse from the 1% and become radicalized.  Poverty is the problem.  Big money is the evil.  It is all home grown.
I have a SIL that says the same thing.  Yet many of the leaders, the instigators, of these terrorists are wealthy beyond belief. remember bin Laden? Not the only one, he was supported by greedy, wealthy warlords and religious zealots.  These kind use their religion to stir up the poor people (from whom they steal food and what very little money they're able to earn) to do the dirty work of murder and mayhem.

In THIS particular case, the perpetrator is a British-born middle class convert to a religion that preaches hate and murder. 

It was amazing to watch the idiotic contortions that the CNN.MSNBC. news gang went through to avoid using the words "Muslim terrorism" yesterday.

Wake up!
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 12:48:04 PM »
It was amazing to watch the idiotic contortions that the CNN.MSNBC. news gang went through to avoid using the words "Muslim terrorism" yesterday.

I saw a little of that on CNN yesterday.  They were twisting themselves in knots to explain how this happens without mentioning terrorism of Islam. 

One more point about limiting immigration.  We often hear the phrase "Muslim ban" or someone complaining that we should not have a religious test for immigration. 
It's important to remember that Islam is not just a religion, it is a system of government.  We have blocked people from various countries with a system of government in conflict with ours. 

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »
>Do you remember Waco TX?

Yes.  I remember the government attacking US citizens while wearing ninja masks to supposedly find illegal weapons that never materialized.  I remember seeing them say on TV that they thought they were going to commit suicide and turning the person next to me and saying now we know the government is  going to murder all of them.  They were "clean slate" people (7th day Adventists) who believe suicide is an unforgivable sin.  A few days later the FBI shot incendiary CS gas canisters into a closed frame building and it rapidly burned to the ground with men women and children.  And I remember the news media saying how amazing it was that all the guns they had were not illegal but purchased legally... no one seemed to be stunned that a group of people had been killed who had not been breaking the law...

Oh maybe it was some other incident in Waco you remember...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 02:02:49 PM »
So far as I know, there was no known, provable violation of federal laws by the Branch Davidians.  the AG, Janet whatsername, sent the troops in when it was ALLEGED that there was child sex abuse going on in the compound.  Uh, let's see.... Is sex abuse a federal law violation?  Is child abuse?  Is being weird and having unusual religious ideas against the law?  Even if it's a cult, is it against the law?  And what exactly is a cult, anyway? 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

anything