Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Obahmacare  (Read 1325 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
Obahmacare
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:27:11 PM »
Obama care Obama care I'll repeal it.......oh darn.....I can't, even my own party votes againts me ...(I wonder why?).....but if we had  have affordable medical care.....oh but ....we don't . See what I mean Mr Bush. Funny isn't it 
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
Re: Obahmacare
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:07:07 PM »
I can't afford any of it and still don't qualify for help,

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »
"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world,"--President Bill Clinton, on Obamacare, speaking at a Democratic rally in Flint, Michigan during the last presidential campaign
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:31:15 PM »
Apparently the republicans realized that Trump care is no care at all for those that need it.  From here on in it is no longer Obama care it is Trump care or Republican care cus they own it now.  I'm thinking Ryan is going to be the new cry baby like Banier but for different reasons.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:08:46 PM »
i don't think they own it now. its still obama crap. he started  it and the Dem's knew that once it was done it would be almost impossible to get it undone at one time. so they think they win eather way. the problem with laws and regs. once they are made its had to undo.

john

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »
In my opinion, both are wrong. Medical care should not be the responsibility of the federal government.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 10:23:25 PM »
once they are made its had to undo.
It didn't take long to reverse the ban on Muslims.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline jackbquick123

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 02:14:15 PM »
The thing is that Trump didn't come up with the health care. Republicans had 7 years to come up with it and still couldn't vote together on it. He even told them it was their job and they failed. The TEMPORARY ban was falsely stopped by Obamanation's friend but will be over turned because it's the president's right to do that.

Offline jackbquick123

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 02:17:19 PM »
Oh and if left alone the affordable health care (joke) will fail anyway because it's about to implode. Insurance companies are dropping out like flies and people are being dropped for no reason.

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 05:53:11 PM »
Oh and if left alone the affordable health care (joke) will fail anyway because it's about to implode.

So why all the fuss to repeal it?  Defies all logic.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 09:24:16 PM »
to try and prevent mass panic from patciants and doc's. when it iplodes it will causepanic that people who are under doc's care that need to be will be told no pay no care. don't say they can't do that because of the hipocratic oath because they doe it all the time. look in er's they have signs saying that if you can't pay for services they  w
ill only provide basic life support to get you to another hospital will to take you.

john

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 10:00:17 PM »
John, the well to do will get the best of health care.  That is a given.  Nothing will ever change in that regard no matter what medical system there is.  You and me are in the middle (I assume) we want a fair shake that someone in the medical field will save our sorry lives in a medical emergency without going bankrupt.  I know it is a lot to ask.  Then there is the unfortunate, those that don't have a prayers chance in hell of surviving without medical attention that they cannot pay.  Are we just going to look the other way and let them die or suffer.  Can you do that?  I can't, Trump can.
Now am I so naive to think that there are not scum bags taking advantage of the system?  Absolutely not!  So why isn't  there more effort to eliminate the scum bags instead of eliminating the program?  The answer is simple.  There are scum bags in Washington.  They are the swamp and Trump is by far the biggest snake in the swamp.  If your bleep is about people taking advantage of a system then why not concentrate on getting rid of those people and not the system?  Is this so hard to understand?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 11:47:20 PM »
"But politicians who talk about failed policies are just blowing smoke.  Government policies succeed in doing exactly what they are supposed to do: channeling resources bilked from the general public to politically organized and influential interest groups." 
Robert Higgs.

Pelosi and Obama, friends of Big Pharma
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 12:36:26 AM »
John, the well to do will get the best of health care.  That is a given.  Nothing will ever change in that regard no matter what medical system there is.  You and me are in the middle (I assume) we want a fair shake that someone in the medical field will save our sorry lives in a medical emergency without going bankrupt.  I know it is a lot to ask.  Then there is the unfortunate, those that don't have a prayers chance in hell of surviving without medical attention that they cannot pay.  Are we just going to look the other way and let them die or suffer.  Can you do that?  I can't, Trump can.
Now am I so naive to think that there are not scum bags taking advantage of the system?  Absolutely not!  So why isn't  there more effort to eliminate the scum bags instead of eliminating the program?  The answer is simple.  There are scum bags in Washington.  They are the swamp and Trump is by far the biggest snake in the swamp.  If your bleep is about people taking advantage of a system then why not concentrate on getting rid of those people and not the system?  Is this so hard to understand?

No I'm lower middle. one income family. My wife worked all her life till her I'll illness caused her to leave work but the doctors never could figure out what the problem was till 12 years later. because there was no dignoses within the five years after she left work she did not qualify for her SSI or disability (that she has payed into all her life). if not for my over priced insurance with my 25000 deductable she would never get any care except hospice short term and probly be dead now. even with my insurance and the high deductable because the insurance states that all treatment for her is experimental I still have to pay 25% of any costs. I owe more than 250000 for the past five years of care she has received  above what insurance has payed and believe me all the calls I get each day from hospitals and doctors wanting more than I make per week and even with payments setup. If not for Friends and family we would not have food or home with power. Now before Obama care I had great insurance at a the same cost now that would have covered her " experimental treatments" and my cap out of pocket for anything was 5000 total.
   Now I don't wish on anyone what my wife is going Thur or the hardship that it has put on our home and family and I do hope that all stay in good health as long as god will allow. but until you have walked in the shoes of the people that this O great Obamma Care has done for the Masses don't assume to know what it has really done the people. The only  the Dem's and Obama was doing was trying to find new income to cover money laundering to pay their Friends off with free grants and over priced bidding to build Bridges to nowhere.
As far as I'm concerned the DEM's and Obama will own this screw up till the end end of the world!

John
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:50:01 AM by divemaster1963 »

Offline jackbquick123

• New Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 02:00:58 AM »

No I'm lower middle. one income family. My wife worked all her life till her I'll illness caused her to leave work but the doctors never could figure out what the problem was till 12 years later. because there was no dignoses within the five years after she left work she did not qualify for her SSI or disability (that she has payed into all her life). if not for my over priced insurance with my 25000 deductable she would never get any care except hospice short term and probly be dead now. even with my insurance and the high deductable because the insurance states that all treatment for her is experimental I still have to pay 25% of any costs. I owe more than 250000 for the past five years of care she has received  above what insurance has payed and believe me all the calls I get each day from hospitals and doctors wanting more than I make per week and even with payments setup. If not for Friends and family we would not have food or home with power. Now before Obama care I had great insurance at a the same cost now that would have covered her " experimental treatments" and my cap out of pocket for anything was 5000 total.
   Now I don't wish on anyone what my wife is going Thur or the hardship that it has put on our home and family and I do hope that all stay in good health as long as god will allow. but until you have walked in the shoes of the people that this O great Obamma Care has done for the Masses don't assume to know what it has really done the people. The only  the Dem's and Obama was doing was trying to find new income to cover money laundering to pay their Friends off with free grants and over priced bidding to build Bridges to nowhere.
As far as I'm concerned the DEM's and Obama will own this screw up till the end end of the world!

John
I'm kinda in the same sinking ship. The only thing keeping this boat up is the grace of God. I'm sorry you and your family is going thru so much and you all are in my prayers.

It will get better.

Jackie

Online gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
My vote is to make it a single payer system and get rid of the deductable and the insurance companies.  Ha ha.
gww

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 09:36:46 AM »
John, I know your struggle more than you think.  My wife only worked for two years and then she was a stay at home mom until we got divorced 23 years later.  My first born son contacted a terminal cancer at the age of 8.  A cancer so horrible that no one survived more than 3-4 years under a regiment of chemo that could be considered even worse than living.  Medical advances occurred within the 3-4 year span that put him back in remission a second time.  All experimental, most insurance companies at that time didn't cover one red cent if it was experimental treatment but I worked for a good company.  And they decided to cover me with the 5000 deductible like you had.  This is thirty years ago.  Twenty years ago this all changed.  The company changed and the insurance changed.  The cost of premiums went nuts and the deductibles went nuts.  If there was no Obama Care the costs wouldn't be far from where it is now.  The rise in healthcare started 20 years ago long before Obama was even heard of.  You can't blame him for what was happening more than 10 years before he took office. 
Believe me John, I know what struggle is.  I also know how lucky I am and my son is because he is alive and well today and I managed to stay out of bankruptcy.
FYI the one procedure (bone marrow transplant) that saved his life was about $200K back then.  He got to see three other children die in the bubble unit while he was there and every day thinking he was next.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 09:51:38 AM »
My vote is to make it a single payer system and get rid of the deductable and the insurance companies.

It is what most countries have gone to.  I am not sure getting rid of insurance companies is the answer but I do think they need to get rid of territories.  All insurance companies need to cover anyone in any area.  No picking and choosing.  The hardest part to control is whether the medical service provided was necessary.  I don't know who should make that determination.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
Quote from ace
The company changed and the insurance changed.  The cost of premiums went nuts and the deductibles went nuts.  If there was no Obama Care the costs wouldn't be far from where it is now.  The rise in healthcare started 20 years ago long before Obama was even heard of.  You can't blame him for what was happening more than 10 years before he took office. 
That is what it was looking like to me also long before obama care.
Cheers
gww

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 10:36:40 AM »
 I don't think a solution will ever come from the insurance companies. I'm for a Public Health Service that is free to all citizens. It ought to be frills and elective treatment free, just necessary medicine and preventative. I would balk at insurance companies and private hospitals and clinics being cut out. The American way is if you can afford it, you can buy it. If you want a private room, filet mignon and a mint on your pillow, go pay for it. If you get it for free, expect being in a ward with a curtain and crappy cafeteria food.
 When my first wife got ill in 1992, she was a schoolteacher with Blue Cross insurance. They claim to pay 100% after you reach a certain level. Actually they pay 100% of what they deem reasonable. Two years later, after I buried her I had a bill for over 200k. Medical bankruptcy was a option I guess but all my creditors said they would be patient with me. I sold everything we had owned and proceeded to work 7/12/365 for the next 5 years. I paid them all off. then continued to work to pay off my land.