Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gone to HAS  (Read 7473 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: Gone to HAS
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 10:46:30 pm »
Change the hair line, shorten and whiten the beard and mustashe and MB and I could almost be brothers.

Another prossible difference is that if I'm afoot I always have my cane in hand.  I'm told that on the days I feel well enough to go into the bees w/o the wheelchair that I look like a fat 3 legged giraffe.  Or old goat given the beard.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 10:48:38 am »
Brian, ah, ha, ha, ha, ha.  YOu made a funny, and you made me laugh.  Isn't laughing the most wonderful thing in the world, it brightens up the day.  Have a wonderful day, great life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 09:10:18 pm »
I may or may not be online for the next ten days since I'm leaving this morning to visit some family on the way and then giving presentations at HAS.  If I don't respond to direct questions, please be patient.  I will get on as I find access to the internet and time, but both are likely to be in short supply for the next ten days. :)

http://www.heartlandbees.com/has_2007_program.htm

If you're in the area of Frankfort, KY stop by.  :)

Welcome back, Michael. Hope everything went well!
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 07:56:03 am »
I had a wonderful time at HAS.  Here are a few of my thoughts on it and my gratitude:

Robin Mountain.

Thanks Robin for asking me to come and for all the work you put into this.  I think it was a great meeting and your enthusiasm and work are a big part of it's success.

Dann Purvis.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and your passion for our bees.  I really enjoyed the late night discussions with you and others.  When it's all said and done, dead bees don't make honey.  And, as you said, survival is the best test to see if we've got good stock.  All the mite and drop counts and capped mite counts, and hygienic tests will not prove that.  Not that they are not useful, possibly, but they are not the bottom line.  It's nice to hear someone else who sees that clearly.  I wish I had the time, money, energy and bees to do as much as you are in that regard.  Also thanks for the Instrumental Insemination class.  It was very enlightening.

Jennifer Berry.

Thanks for doing a serious study of small cell.  It sounds like you will see it through.  The real test, of course, will be in a few years of not treating.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Roger Hoopingarner

Thank you for your notes on L.L. Langstroth, your presentation of that information, and your queen rearing class.  Also your sharing of your experiences with hand fertilizing eggs.  It was great to meet you and your wife.  I enjoyed talking to both of you very much.

Edwin Holcombe

Thanks for the tracheal mite class.  It was very enlightening.  Also the late night beekeeping discussions.

Beemaster people.

It was wonderful to put faces to names.  Thanks for introducing yourselves.

Kevin Jester

I had so many good discussions with you before I realized who you were.  It was really stimulating conversation.  Thanks.

Larry Connor

Thanks for providing most of the bee books available right now.  As I said to you at the meeting, you can't ever retire.  But seriously, you are a huge asset to the beekeeping fraternity, not only with your expertise with bees, but by publishing books that big publishers wouldn't consider.

Volunteers.

Thanks to the many volunteers without whom the conference would never take place.  Your work is appreciated.

The Bee Lady

Reyah, thanks for the stings.  The shoulder was better since.  The neck is a bit stiff.  Of course it will all work its way out.

The Bees.

The bees were there as well.  The ones in the beeyard were so well behaved.   The three that died for my apitherapy paid a high price.

My new friends from the Virgin Islands.

Some people have especially beautiful souls.  Thanks for sharing yours with everyone around you.  I wish you and your bees the best.

Thanks to the vendors.

I always find some new tool when you are there.  I found three this year, but every one of them makes my life easier.

Janet Brisson.

It was nice to meet you, finally after knowing you online so long.  I wish I had time to go to some of your presentations.  Your energy is infections.

Everyone in my classes.

Thanks for coming to the classes.  The turnout was great.  I hope you all got what you came to them for.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 10:32:17 am »
Michael, your gratitude shines through, you are a good man.  I thank you personally for being so grateful for all those that helped out with your conference, good for you, have a wonderful day, and a wonderful life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline danno1800

• House Bee
    • http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/Issue30/renaissance.html
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 01:07:36 pm »
And thanks right back to YOU, Michael, for coming to HAS and teaching. As well as being available outside of class & at mealtimes to answer questions. We all appreciated the chance to meet you and learn from you. -Danno

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 11:53:41 pm »
Boy Oh Boy the Bees and us people who love and care about them are luky to have Michael Bush
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon