Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New here  (Read 11359 times)

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: New here
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 08:39:09 am »
Hello,
          I am a new member here and new to beekeeping.
I have been interested keeping bees for a while and now a couple of my family members seem to be on board as well, so we will dive into it this spring. I plan to get between 2-4 colonies to start. I hope to find someone local that I can purchase nucs from.
My 6 year old son is very interested in this as well, I don't know why it surprised me much since he is really into keeping chickens and is very responsible with them. He can't wait to get bees.
It would be nice for him to learn about them.
I have been reading as much as I can get my hands on and picking other people's brains when I can.
I want to be as prepared as I possible beforehand.The rest I will learn as I go I suppose.
I live in Weymouth, Massachusetts with my husband and 6 children aged 5-20.
I raise chickens and sell eggs, love to garden and grow my own vegetables and I  am an avid antique collector.
I hope to learn alot and make some friends here, look forward to meeting you all.
                                                                    Natalie
Natalie!  I've been so busy with Thanksgiving I didn't see your posts yesterday until now.  Welcome!  I'm so glad you joined here, this is the best place to learn all about beekeeping!  I'll see you sometime this weekend  :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 09:37:37 am »
Natalie!  I've been so busy with Thanksgiving I didn't see your posts yesterday until now.  Welcome!  I'm so glad you joined here, this is the best place to learn all about beekeeping!  I'll see you sometime this weekend  :)

Ann, what does that mean?  Are you going to meet Natalie somewhere?  At her house?  At your house?  Do you guys live close to each other?  Tell me, come on.....have a wonderful day, life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 05:10:27 pm »
Yeh, I wanna know too!!

your friend,
john

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »

Ann, what does that mean?  Are you going to meet Natalie somewhere?  At her house?  At your house?  Do you guys live close to each other?  Tell me, come on.....have a wonderful day, life and health.  Cindi

Yes, we do live close - she's less than 10 miles from me as the crow flies!  Natalie and her husband Bill have been to our house, they're going to join our bee club to take bee school this January (Plymouth County Beekeepers Association), and I'm hopefully going to go to their house this weekend to drop off some honey.  We tried to meet up at the Common Ground Fair this past September but we missed each other (there was a great backyard chicken keeping seminar she just missed, we left right after it).  We met through Backyard Chickens and she told me right off she was interested in beekeeping - plus she gardens!  Cindi, it's too bad you're all the way across the world from us, we'd all have a blast together!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 07:02:23 pm »
Oh Ann, that is so wonderful that Natalie and Hubby are so close, you have made a new friend.

Yes, I know, that makes me sad that I have made so many good friends here -- like you, my first real good one, and then there were more -- to know that I will probably never really get to meet them.  I can only hang their picture on my wall and talk to them, like I am stalking them.  NOT!!!  I am only kidding (actually, one shouldn't kid about stuff like that, people MAY take it the wrong way; no I don't have any pictures I hang on the wall, that is just my imagination runnin' wild, hee, hee).  You know that we would have that incredible and wonderful blast together, with our new-and-improved Husbands.....

I am off topic, and Natalie, I apologize, but you will get to know me, and I am one of the worst here about a'ramblin' and goin' off topic.  It is something that I should work on, hee, hee.  Have the most wonderful, life and greatest of health wishes to us all. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 08:44:35 pm »
I'll send you a picture of me Cindi!!!
 What size? 5x7, 8x10?....Family oriented, or mature?( Includes me in a new pair of swimming trunks!)

your friend,
john

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 11:37:00 pm »
You can stalk my photo as well Cindi!!!

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 01:12:08 am »
Wow, when I first joined she asked me to send her a picture of me and I thought he just did that with all the new members!! Gasp!
Just joking, but you can stalk me if you want. I had a stalker before but I had to fire her, she was lazy and just wasn't showing up at all the same places as me, I had to let her go.

Ann and Greg were over today and we had a very nice visit. Its true, it is nice to have people close by with the same interests as you.
Its even better because our new and improved husbands get along great too, so they don't mind us all getting together.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 11:46:45 am »
Wow, when I first joined she asked me to send her a picture of me and I thought he just did that with all the new members!! Gasp!
Just joking, but you can stalk me if you want.

our new and improved husbands get along great too, so they don't mind us all getting together.

Natalie, ha!!!  YOu ain't seen nuthin' yet.  This forum is going to be a fun place for you to hang out, you are beginning to see that already.  We have a blast here, teasing each other, enjoying our friendships that we have cultivated, through this cyberspace.  AND...now and then, like you, Ann, and Greg (and your Husband), we actually get to meet each other and enjoy things in common.  So, you have a new-and-improved Husband too, just like Ann and I.  I been married to mine now for 28 years coming up on February 14, smiling, and yep, yep, he most certainly is New&Improved!!!  He be that love-of-my-life....Have a most wonderful and awesomely great day, Cindi

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 01:36:24 pm »
We are all so lucky to have our New and Improved Husbands!  My only regret is that I met mine too late in life to have had kiddos with him - but that's ok, we have kitties, bees  and chickens, the latter two are fulfilling my desire for daughters, I guess! Lots of them!

Natalie's yard is wonderful, she's got a lot going on a lot even smaller than mine - but it's so well laid out.  Chickens roaming all over, and they're so friendly!  She's got a great spot for those hives come next spring.  She lives in a very old, historic home, it's lovely, and her children are adorable - I'm smitten with Scarlett, her five year old daughter.  It was a really nice afternoon visit.  :)