Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Foggy morning in Australia  (Read 4082 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Foggy morning in Australia
« on: June 16, 2007, 10:03:07 pm »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Foggy morning in Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 12:08:24 am »
Mick, that is a picture worth framing, is that your pooch I see in the foreground?  Where is his girlfriend?  Isn't there another dog that is his best friend always hangin' around?

You must have been up before the sun, the picture is breathtaking and looks like it was in the pre-sunrise dawn.  Beautiful, got more?  Bring them on.....the mist in the trees, hmmmmm.  Great day, beautiful life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:08:15 am »
I think it would have been more attractive if the tree wasn't the center point, it wouldn't be so cluttered.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 01:28:04 am »
Cody, I am of the opposite opinion.  That beautiful old craggy tree, settling itself right in the centre, the split in the trunk, IS the focal point of this picture and it is beautiful.  Great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 04:38:46 am »
Cindi, its mornings like that I can imagine Aborigines 200 years ago appearing out of the mist in their Possum skin coats. The tree would have been a sapling then

Ahh Cody, the man with the new cam, my nemesis now I see!! :-P

Well composition wise, the four corners are perfect diagonal composure two oppisites and two equals and  and a lil puppy dog to draw your eye from the tree in the centre.

BUT it was just a quick snap. It would have been great if there was some sun on the tree but I dont dictate to mother nature.

Keep reading those camera books nepo, but dont let them rule your thinking :-D

Cindi the other one was rampant somewhere in the bushes!

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 04:44:02 am »
One for Cindi, gotta love powerlines in the morning

And a Southerly Buster.

Sunset

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:00:57 am »
man mick, those pics are really nice, i want to come down there so i can have that kind of sunset.

the ambusher  :-D
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:32:40 am »
Mick, beautiful pictures.  Sometimes there are certain pictures that make me want to look at them over and over.  Abejaruco submitted a pic on the forum of his orange tree grove, the picture was taken looking through some trees at a basket of oranges on the ground. I thought this picture so breathtaking that I asked his permission to save the picture and have it copied so I could have it for a picture on my wall, he did not mind one little bit.

I feel the same about the misty, craggy, old trees that I saw last night you posted.  Would you mind if I saved it and did the same?

Thank you yourself, and all forum members, for these beauties that take us into your part of our beautiful world.  Have a wonderful day, great life, Cindi

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 10:51:07 am »
mcik, nice set of photos, and i see it's quite...ermmm photo-taking-observation. you just don't see the power lines, road etc etc. UNTIL you want to take a photo of some landscape, it's like the power lines are shouting out of the photo!!

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 08:13:15 pm »
What a treat, pictures from downunder...and beautiful as well...where were these taken?

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 03:39:32 am »
Thanks for the comments everyone, go for your life Cindi.

They were taken where I live on Pt Phillip Bay Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. 5 minutes walk from home is the beach and there is a river that enters the bay,the Patterson River. That one was taken from the bridge that crosses it.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 10:48:20 am »
SO beautiful...how fantastic you can just walk to that amazing place...thanks for sharing & G'day!

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 05:33:57 pm »
 :shock:
Two words:

IM  PRESSIVE