Welcome, Guest

Poll

Greetings?

Not sure what options are?
1 (100%)
I just wanted to meet some beekeepers in the Cleveland area
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Hello from Cleveland, OH  (Read 3694 times)

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
Hello from Cleveland, OH
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:52:17 am »
Just wanted to say Hi and get to know some of you. I first learned beekeeping from a farmer in central MA about 16 years ago. I enjoyed it, attended beginner's beekeeping classes through Worcester County Beekeeping Assoc. Worked for a beekepper for 2 years and then moved to OH to help with my folks. Lost my way and now I am looking for beekeepers to get me back in the swing of things.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Hello from Cleveland, OH
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:16:48 am »
Hi,
Welcome to the Beemaster Forum. I am sure you can find many answers to your questions here.
This sight has many backyard keepers as well as some that keep bees on a larger scale.
  You can also find answers or comment on a variety of other subjects too if you wish.
Any experience you have would also be most welcome on this sight.
You may want to go into your user profile and add your general location there so it gets rid of the default"Hopelessly Lost" part of your visible profile ;)
Again.welcome aboard and have a nice day! :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:15:05 am »
organigrl.  You will love this forum, good help, anytime you need it. Sounds like you have had a fair amount of experience with the girls, it will all come back to you, you will see.

I got such a kick out of when I first joined the forum.  I forgot to put in my profile my location and I was deemed "hopelessly lost" too.  When I saw that, I thought to myself "how on earth did they know that I was indeed "hopelessly lost" (LOL).  It made me laugh inside and life is all about being happy.  Great day, and welcome.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 12:05:14 pm »
If you're looking for more organic info try:

www.bushfarms.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Organicbeekeepers
http://www.beesource.com/pov/lusby/index.htm

Location that actally reflects your climate will be very useful for people trying to answer your questions.  :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 11:02:38 pm »
Thanks for letting me know about my profile location. My son and I are living in a neighborhood with very small yards and the houses are very close together. We hope to move in a year or two to a place were I can have a bee-yard. we shall see! In the mean time it is nice to visit this forum and chat with you all.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 11:26:41 pm »
OrganicGirl :)

Just a quick hi and welcome, I sure enjoy having all new members joining and sharing "any and all" levels of their experience. You surely will find great assistance here and lots of good conversation if you seek it!!!

Have a Wonderful Christmas and New Years, hope to see you here often - welcome aboard and may we all see more peace on Earth in 2007!!!

THE POLLS:

You place a QUESTION in the POLL QUESTION HEADER then:

In the SECTIONS, you place a group of answers you wish people to choose from.

Example:

Question: How many Hives Do You Have
Section 1: no hives, just learning
Section 2: 1 - 5 hives
Section 3: 5 - 10 hives
Section 4: more than 10 hives

Etc... When the poll is posted, there will be check boxes members can highlight to answer your poll. Polls are not necessary unless you have questions that you wish to ask, they are handy though if you have a question with multiple answers that you want to get feedback on. Hope that helps.

Again welcome :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 09:51:45 am »
This site is like a Encyclopedia you'll love it
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 09:49:38 pm »
To paraphrase Ben Franklin: Nothing asked, nothing learned.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline shado_knight

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 07:35:13 am »
Greetings ! I live on the west side of Cleveland. Just started beekeeping last year. If you're looking for a beekeeping club, there is one in Lorain, Oh  http://www.loraincountybeekeepers.org/index.html

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 11:45:05 am »
Greetings ! I live on the west side of Cleveland. Just started beekeeping last year. If you're looking for a beekeeping club, there is one in Lorain, Oh  http://www.loraincountybeekeepers.org/index.html

Thanks for the link. I will have to check it out! i don't get to the west side very often. I guess I may just get my passport and shots and head on over and see what bee-keepers are doing WAAAAAAY over there :lol: :-D

anything