Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: South east la beeks READ THIS.  (Read 2178 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
South east la beeks READ THIS.
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:37:12 pm »
Moot ,jp, Shawee, plan b , blanc ,  gov, and any others in this area.

Get your supers ready guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I checked one of my bee yards today that I had checked just 3 weeks ago.
All of the hives were easy to lift the back end with one hand 3 weeks ago.
When I tried the lift test today I was shocked!!!!!!!!!
Every one of them took both hands to lift and were very heavy!!!!!
These hives are 3 and 4 medium boxes tall and if I'm correct the top boxes should be full of capped honey.
I will be pulling honey and supering tomorrow in self defense !
So check the hives guys!  You will be surprised  :piano:

I have no idea what they are getting all the nectar from but I am convinced that were in a very heavy flow!!

Bailey.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline gov1623

• House Bee
Re: South east la beeks READ THIS.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:00:57 pm »
I put supers on about two weeks ago.  I checked them Tuesday and the bees had two or three frames in the supers allready full of nectar.  I think its mostly from blackberry because all the pollen coming in my hives is grey, which is blackberry pollen. I walked by the hives in my back yard today and had clouds of bees coming in and out. I was surprised that they had that much activity with this weather we was having today so they surly have a flow going on. Definitely more nectar this year than last year at this time. I don't think I got any honey last year until the Tallow bloomed.
Who Dat!!!

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 11:32:00 pm »
This is the earliest I have had honey in the past 6 years !     
Hope this keeps up. Seems the plant life around here is quite happy with current conditions

Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 01:52:25 am »
I've been sitting and watching my girls bring in plenty... Just a rookie so not 100% sure what I'm seeing but lots of yellow, red, and greyish color pollen/nectar... Plan on peeking in on them tomorrow and see how they are doing...
Marshall

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:03:39 am »
Same here Bailey and that hive we got from you was pretty light weeks ago and they other day I was picking some weight up. Was pretty surprised!
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 12:06:23 am »
It is amazing what they can do in a few days :-D

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 12:07:30 am »
Big flow on right now blanc. I'm quite shocked and hoping it continues until the tallow flow

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 10:05:08 pm »
God I wish I had bees. :)

ONE MORE WEEK.....

CAN"T STAND IT.

But VERY GLAD for you guys.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline gov1623

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 06:54:41 am »
Big flow on right now blanc. I'm quite shocked and hoping it continues until the tallow flow

I was just wondering if you are still seeing a flow right now bailey. My bees were packing in the nectar for about two weeks then they came to a screeching stop. I haven't seen any new nectar for the past two weeks and the swarms seem to have stopped also. I just wanted to know if this is happening just in my area are not. The last couple of years it seems that I only get honey from the tallow flow and thats it.
Who Dat!!!

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 11:15:06 am »
Tallow blooms are out just not quite open here...y'all shouldn't be too far behind!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:20 pm »
Blanc. 
Don't know about the flow but the swarms stopped a week before bud5
Bailey

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 10:42:33 pm »
bailey ,the swarms are still going on here. up to 23.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 09:08:33 am »
Hope this keeps up. Seems the plant life around here is quite happy with current conditions

Bailey

I just love hearing about this from you guys!  No activity at all up here yet.  I'm sitting tight and standing by and hoping it will be a good one.
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism

Offline dfizer

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 11:33:04 am »

Bailey

I just love hearing about this from you guys!  No activity at all up here yet.  I'm sitting tight and standing by and hoping it will be a good one.

2Sox - I'm about 2 hours north of you.  My hives are bringing in pollen leg over foot so to speak.  I'd check you hives as one of mine is very full of capped brood - which means that it's only a matter of time before there's a population explosion.  This can spell disaster if there is no food around.  I hay have to feed in a week or so. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that our season is underway albeit not as rigorously as the boys down south. 

David