Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cookie power  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Cookie power
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:50:12 am »

A very old man  lay dying in his bed. In death's doorway, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookie wafting up the stairs.
He gathered his remaining strength and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort forced himself down the stairs, gripping the railing with both hands.
With labored  breath, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the  kitchen. Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven. 

There, spread out on newspapers on the kitchen table were literally hundreds of his favorite chocolate chip  cookies.

Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of heroic love from his devoted wife, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man? 
Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself toward the table. The aged and withered hand, shaking, made its way to a cookie at the edge of the table, when he was suddenly smacked with a spatula by his wife. 
"Stay out of  those," she said. "They're for the  funeral."
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Cookie power
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 04:07:58 pm »
HAHAHA now that's bad. That almost sounds like my Grandmother could have said that. :evil: :evil:
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 04:38:51 pm »
Thanks a lot Irwin, now every time Peggy makes cookies I'll be looking over my shoulder :)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:02:03 pm »
 :-D :-D

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:07:35 pm »
Funny    :-D

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 08:17:59 pm »
Hey Irwin:

Such a funny joke, Tracey said "That was the most cruel ending I ever read and I love it!!!" great one :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 10:10:04 pm »
I just read it to my wife and she told me that was so ugly and it broke her heart.   

I liked it.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 10:21:49 pm »
My wife is looking for a chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I think she might be hinting....
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 10:25:25 pm »
As long as anti-freeze is not in the recipe, I think you will be ok.