Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hot weather  (Read 12543 times)

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
Re: Hot weather
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 08:38:26 pm »
Sas, great to hear your hives are in good nick.  What type of roofing insulation do you use?   Thanks for the info about queens.  I got 2 queens from elsewhere in SE QLD, and I know they haven't had a chance in these conditions, but the other queens I have seem to be doing better.  Let me know how yours go.

Lone

Offline sas_marine@hotmail.com

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 08:43:33 am »
i use silver slice insulation, its definatly not a wise idea cuz its not weather friendly but i have alot laying around the house so im using it anywayz, it does work wonders, hopefully tomorow im not working so i can take some pics of these tbh frames i have introduced into the brood section of my strongest hive, itll be good for a look, there is also probably a few ideas others can use as to the approach im taking, seems to be working well so far, but it does have one flaw and youll see that tomorow, as for the toads, they ate half of one of my hives, i hate em :P they are now on the road flatter then a strand of hair :P

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 06:59:59 pm »
Hey Lone,

Hows the weather up there? Getting any rain?  I heard there could be a drop or two coming your way.

Phil

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 09:13:52 pm »
Phil,  Yes, the two cyclones were dancing with each other but both have petered out now and the rain has set in steady.  I'm hoping that the bloodwood blossom is not saturated like it was last year.  The bees only just made it through about 6 weeks of near continuous rain.  That's tropical Queensland!

Lone

anything