Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: supercell from HSC  (Read 6449 times)

Offline AdmiralD

• House Bee
supercell from HSC
« on: June 06, 2006, 03:30:53 am »
We finally have stock of the first and only 4.9mm I.D. Fully Drawn, Full-Size bee frame available in commercial quantities.

We have been testing this product for the past 1-1/2 months and find that they have been satisfactorily accepted by package bees.

We have put 3 pound packages and a queen in a single story hive with 9 HSC fully drawn frames and a syrup feeder. This has worked out well even though the frames were not waxed or sprayed with syrup. We do encourage these practices however.

We had a problem with our commerce site, so we have replaced it with this blog. We hope you like it and we encourage you to post here about your efforts to control varroa mite.

We are ready to ship now!!

For a limited time we are offering our frames at the following rate.

The frames come in white only.

Boxes of 20 are $99.95 including shipping and handling in the continental U.S. Shipping is by ground courier. For shipments of 12 boxes or more we ship by truck. California residents do pay sales tax, if you have an agricultural exemption, sales tax will be 2.5% and do call us to arrange for payment if you have this exemption. Non-residents of California do not pay sales tax.

If you don't use credit cards for ecommerce or you need to place a commercial sized order please use the following mailing information:

SuperCell
P.O. Box 762
Westmorland, CA 92281

For Canada, please call. 888.343.7191

Offline AdmiralD

• House Bee
supercell from HSC
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 10:36:51 am »
[chuckle]

I had so much problem with the image, that I forgot my questions and comments....

Has anyone bought this or tried this out as yet? I know that it is rather new, but is this something the bees would take to for brood foundation?

And isn't $99 a bit on the expensive side....even for plastic foundation?

Offline Joe

• House Bee
supercell from HSC
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 04:40:38 pm »
99.95 includes the cost of shipping, I'm not sure how much shipping costs are but each case of 20 weighs 39 pounds. Permacomb, which is a comparable product is sold at 3.50 per frame for orders less then 150 frames, 20 @ 3.50 = 70.00 and that price doesn't include the shipping costs.  So I think that  99.95 per case of 20 is a fairly reasonable price.

I like the fact that these HSC frames are small cell and that they come in standard sizes. Permacomb seems to be a good product but it's non-standard frame sizes and the fact that it's not available in small cell has kept me away from it.

Offline Hi-Tech

• Field Bee
    • talkhunting.com
supercell from HSC
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 01:14:19 am »
Computer Tech, Beekeeper, Hunter = Hi-Tech Redneck
talkhunting.com

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
supercell from HSC
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 11:50:02 pm »
I like the permacomb.  Size, shape, the works.  It does very well and it's all on purpose.

I got the SuperCell today.  Looks like the PermaComb only bigger combs,  spacers and smaller cells.  VERY similar.  Even the top and bottom of the frame are the same angle etc.  I'm guessing they bought some PermaComb and modeled it off of that.

It looks like about 4.9mm inside diameter, which makes it 5.0mm equvivelant cell size.

I'll put some in one of the deep nucs (after moving it into a bigger box) and see how it does.  I don't have any deep colonies really anymore.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
supercell from HSC
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 03:21:47 pm »
I put some supercell on today.  I had two five frame deep nucs so I moved them into eight frame deep boxes with three supercells each.  I put one in the Dadatnt deep nuc I have (I figure they will draw the 2" extra on the bottom) and I put six in the Dadant deep double wide.  We'll see how the bees like them.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Joe

• House Bee
supercell from HSC
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 11:06:34 am »
I put some supercell on today. I had two five frame deep nucs so I moved them into eight frame deep boxes with three supercells each. I put one in the Dadatnt deep nuc I have (I figure they will draw the 2" extra on the bottom) and I put six in the Dadant deep double wide. We'll see how the bees like them.

I'd love to hear how that goes, please keep us updated.  I'm going to place an order for a case of the HSC frames this week. I would like to buy more, but It would be hard to get my girlfriend to accept the neccessity of it.. :D

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
Re: supercell from HSC
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 02:22:20 am »
Any one have a update on this product?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 08:07:52 am »
I have 20.  I'd buy more but I run all mediums and it only comes in deeps.  I MIGHT try some more in some eight frame deeps just for quick regression of packages, since it's drawn comb.

The bees accept it as well as PermaComb, which is to say you'll have to give them no choice at first and once they use it it seems well accepted.
-------------------

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 12:30:27 am »
Thanks Michael.  I ordered 20 cases. I am going to start 15 new packages on it in april.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 01:01:30 pm by lively Bee's »

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 11:05:58 am »
Thats good to know michael you are pretty smart
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon