Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cutout in trees difficult?  (Read 2321 times)

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
Cutout in trees difficult?
« on: June 08, 2010, 04:04:08 pm »
Friend called, got some bees in his tree. Is it difficult to remove the bees/cutout?
Here are two photos.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Cutout in trees difficult?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:10:41 pm »
This is a perfect candidate for a trap out.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 05:09:18 pm »
The hive is in the tree on the left under the words bee hive. Trap out or take the whole tree down.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:54:18 am by iddee »
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 05:51:02 pm »
I just finished three trap outs in trees that are very similar to the one you show. They work great (especially if you don't have a bad SHB problem). Thanks iddee for all the great info!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 01:58:23 am »
The hive has been there for a year or more. THe hole is probably deep huh?
It's a protected Oak tree in this area so can't cut it down. But I bet this
tree will be coming down in the next few big storms as the hole rots some more each year.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 02:01:46 pm »
It may possibly fall but it looks like a "Live Oak" to me.  Those things live quite a while and are as tough as nails no matter the damage.  I do agree that thebest plan of action is a trap out.  Having that flat area around the opening is simply cheating... ;)  If SHB's do show up it won't hurt the tree and the hive will be destroyed though.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

anything