Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New in Atlanta  (Read 2648 times)

Offline durkie

• New Bee
    • Concrete Jungle - donate your fruit trees!
New in Atlanta
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:20:18 pm »
Hey folks...I've actually been here for a couple months before noticing the new members board. I'm 24 (still some young beekeepers these days) and myself and a friend of mine have 4 hives between us that just made it through their first winter. This place is a great resource!

Craig

Offline suprstakr

• House Bee
Re: New in Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:56:19 pm »
HORRAYthe young croud welcome and enjoy :lol:

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:42:21 pm »
We have several fantastic members in Atlanta. There is also a great metro Atlanta beekeepers assoc. join them. Go to Lula, GA and meet fatbeeman and take his course on beekeeping. pdmattox and I travel way to much to that area.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:59:22 pm »
Welcome, Craig. 

I hope you'll join Metro Atlanta Beekeepers Association  We meet the second Wednesday of the month at 7 PM at the Botanical Garden. 

I'm a rather active member there, but I'm always late to the meeting because I run a therapy group at my office until 7 PM, but the office is just around the corner so I get there about 7:15 or so.  If you come, be sure to say HI.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 10:42:03 am »
Craig, I see that you have posted 7.  I am not sure if I have welcomed you to the forum or not, but if I haven't, welcome.  We love to have new members.  So nice that you have told us a little bit about yourself and that you have 4 colonies with your friend, yeah!!  This is THE best place to ask your questions, tell us of your experiences and spend great and quality time.  We are a friendly group, you will have noticed that and you will make some new friends.  Welcome and have that beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:31:35 am »
A couple of months?  I've been on this forum for 2 years and have yet to introduce myself on this section.  I do believe by now everybody knows who I am and whether or not I know what I'm talking about.  Welcome aboard.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 10:13:15 am »
Glad you found the site, your gonna love it here! Hey, I'm just 24,at Heart! :)

Offline derrick1p1

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 10:54:59 am »
Hi Craig:
What part of Atlanta?
We're pretty new to Atlanta as well.  This is my 2nd year and now have 4 hives.  The Metro Atlanta Beekeepers Association is great (and a great resource for newbees too).  Hope to see you there!
Derrick
I won't let grass grow under my feet, there will be plenty of time to push up daisies.

anything