Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Michigan  (Read 2220 times)

Offline TheMasonicHive

• House Bee
Hello from Michigan
« on: July 26, 2008, 11:32:53 am »
My name is Chris Peace, I'm 25, and a photographer from Michigan who is considering beekeeping!

I got interested in the concept because of the Masonic allegory of the beehive, which really speaks to me, plus it helps that I like to do things that no one my age does.  It also doesn't hurt that I love nature.

I'm a very apt pupil, and always reading, and basically looking for someone to take me under their wing and mentor me in the art of beekeeping!

Beekeeping for Dummies was step 1...this forum is step 2!
Christopher Peace
Oakland County, MI

"It teaches us that, as we come into the world rational and intelligent beings, so we should ever be industrious ones; never sitting down contented while our fellow-creatures around us are in want, when it is in our power to relieve them without inconvenience to ourselves." - Freemasonry on the Beehive

Offline Pond Creek Farm

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:54:57 pm »
Welcome Christopher.  It's a great hobby.  Step 3 is http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm 
Brian

Offline beekybuzzard

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 07:21:37 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Don't forget to check out your local beekeeping association, you should find many local beeks willing to take you under their wing and help teach you (and get the free help).
With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 06:57:51 am »
Welcome to the forum. Don't forget to check out your local beekeeping association, you should find many local beeks willing to take you under their wing and help teach you (and get the free help).
Plus, clubs often offer beginning beekeeping classes. There are a number of clubs near you:
http://www.michiganbees.org/whoswho.htm

http://www.sembabees.org/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 02:57:36 pm »
Chris, welcome to our forum.  This will indeed be a place where you can learn lots about bees, ask your questions, there will be many.  When you get your bees, because of your photography career, you will bring beautiful pictures to our forum of these pleasant little creatures that we all love so much.  You will be held under the spell of this honeybee, we all are.  Looking forward to seeing the many pictures that I know you will bring to share with us.  Have that most wonderful and awesomely great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service