Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: the queen is dead, long live the queen  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
the queen is dead, long live the queen
« on: September 06, 2007, 09:01:46 pm »
i don't know where our old thread went about letting hives requeen, but my sad little hive has requeened.  this is the one with the chalk brood, and poor development.  i finally knocked off the queen.  it took a month and multiple frames of brood transfered to it, but today...and queen and her handiwork.!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: the queen is dead, long live the queen
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:15:12 am »
KathyP.  I have no idea where the thread went.  But, you went "off with her head", and you did.  Yeah!!!  She must have been not so good, such a sad thing.  I killed a queen...it was harmful emotionally for me to do it, but I did.  I combined that hive with another hive.  I did not wait for them to raise a new queen.  I thought it better to have a really strong colony, than one that is just getting along.  Is this new colony just getting along. Tell us about what is going on.  You may have a really strong colony going into winter, you will have to check that out. Good luck girl, we are all learning, we are all getting to be beemasters, one day, we will all be assimilated.  Have this wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything