Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Organic?  (Read 11270 times)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: Organic?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 12:54:00 am »
Four miles?  Wow.  That's a radius of 32,157 acres.  Sure.  No problem.  ;)  And now you see why you never see certified organic honey...
      google it  to many to list -next best thing to sliced bread :lol:  RDY-B

Offline Hopeful

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 08:31:08 am »
I just read some of the document (500 pages!? :shock:). According to page 30, I can sell up to $5000 in organic honey, labeled as such,  without certification. I expect that 10 hives are not going to bring $5000 per year, so the point is moot. I can label and sell as organic the honey producesd on my friend's 500 acre farm with no problem. At least this is how I read it.
"And this is life eternal...." "John 17:3

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 07:38:48 pm »
>I just read some of the document (500 pages!? shocked). According to page 30, I can sell up to $5000 in organic honey, labeled as such,  without certification.

I believe that is correct.  You will, however, have to provide a plan as to why you think it's organic if they ask for it.  But that's just what your methods are etc.  Assuming you use no chemicals you can probably present a good enough argument.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 08:54:16 pm »
Under the $5000 exemption you will have to get registered not certified -under the $5000 exemption the organic plan and much of the paper work is omitted -make sure your time tables are in store for your requirements under the apiculture task force -and follow there requirements  for maintaining those bees -talk to your AG. dept. and you will get lots of help filling out the forms            happy keeping   8-) RDY-B

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 08:58:36 pm »
one more piont of interest -I only sell my comb honey under my organic label it helps keep it under $5000 for organic sales ;) RDY-B

anything