Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Glendale, WI.  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Ivanovich

• Brood
Hello from Glendale, WI.
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:48:08 pm »
Howdy, folks.  My name is Chris, and I'm writing from Glendale, WI.  It's across the street from Milwaukee. ;-)

My wife got the itch to keep bees after talking to a distant relative who does so and we decided to do a bit of reading, attend some local club meetings, and then dive in.  Unfortunately, we are late enough in the season that we really can't start.  All the packages have long since been ordered, and we don't even have a hive, yet.

Not that it matters if we did, since the city doesn't allow beekeeping.

So we're going to spend the rest of this year getting educated, collecting equipment, finding some place to keep the hives, and then place an order in the fall for a spring delivery.

No, I don't WANT to wait.  But it seems the prudent thing to do.

I look forward to reading wisdom from the cognoscenti and trying to work out what NOT to do so I don't learn as many things the "hard way".

Chris

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Glendale, WI.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:27:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your city.   Sounds like a good time to move.   :-D

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:12:57 pm »
Welcome, from across the lake Chris!

Offline Ivanovich

• Brood
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:14:16 pm »
I can find places happy to have me set up a couple of hives within a 30 minute drive or so.  I think I can handle that.  While it won't be my backyard - which we all would prefer - at least it's doable.

Chris

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:40:12 pm »
Welcome to the site!

anything