Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Some pretty bad lagging  (Read 4708 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Some pretty bad lagging
« on: January 01, 2008, 11:37:08 am »
For about a week now I have been experiencing some pretty bad lag issues when I am on the forum.  This pertains to reading posts, posting posts, it takes several (and I mean like up to about 10-15 seconds) for going "home", showing unread posts, showing replies to posts, everything.  Any clues why?

I clear my internet cookies, etc. often, empty recycle bin.  I can't think of anything else to do to speed the forum up.  Some help here would truly be appreciated, it is quite annoying having to wait so long for actions here.  Have a great and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Some pretty bad lagging
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 03:16:39 pm »
No speed issue here, Cindi  :?

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 05:56:14 pm »
No speed problems here either. Hope someone can help you soon.

Annette

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 06:15:54 pm »
IE or Firefox?

Offline Clegs

• House Bee
  • Let the good times roll!
    • CalebGo.com - Gread dissusion forums, programmers, hobbiests, or just anyone
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:30:57 pm »
Is it like this for ONLY this site, or does it do the same thing on other sites?
calebgo.com - My website

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 09:43:36 am »
I am using Firefox, I had such issues with I.E. having "gateway timeouts" all the time I switched to Mozilla.  I don't know if it is on other sites or not.  I just notice it in this forum between posts, posting, reading posts, etc.  annoying.  I am going to try I.E. just for the fun of it and see if it makes a difference.  Have a great and wonderful day, switching now to I.E.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 09:58:20 am »
Oh brother.  So I have been using I.E. now instead of firefox.  The speed that I can make posts, read posts, go back and forth between forums and posts is amazing.  I had forgot how fast should be.  There is something obviously very wrong with Firefox and me.

I stopped using I.E. because I was having "gateway timeouts" all the time and it was terribly annoying.  Firefox did not have a single issue like that.  I am going to use I.e. for awhile and see what is up.  It is 50% faster than firefox with me right now, at least. 

Microsoft was aware of an issue with ImageShack users worldwide having these gateway timeout issues and was going to create a "bandaid" they called it to rectify this problem.  Maybe they have.  I am going to test I.e. for awhile and see where it is, if they have fixed the timeout issues, etc.  Time will tell that tale, but for now, back to using I.E.  I will post my findings as I go along.  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi

Offline Clegs

• House Bee
  • Let the good times roll!
    • CalebGo.com - Gread dissusion forums, programmers, hobbiests, or just anyone
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 10:32:15 pm »
You could try uninstalling firefox and reinstalling it.  Something may of been accidentally changed in the settings, or a plug-in may of stopped working.

It's always hard to watch someone down-grade their browsers.
calebgo.com - My website

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 08:58:00 am »
I don't think it has anything to do with Firefox, I think it's Cindi's internet connection, she's reported problems like this before.  Unfortunately we're at the whim of our providers, some of them don't provide very well   :-x

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 09:44:21 am »
Clegs, Ann.

I did use I.E. for about one half hour, the speed that I could read posts, type posts, go home, move around the forum fast!!!!  But I typed a lengthy post, attached some pictures and attempted to post it, lost that post, annoyed more than you could ever believe.  Went back to Firefox.  Never had issues with losing stuff yet with Firefox.

So, yes, I am still experiencing the lag.  It is annoying.  I don't think it is the internet provider at all. I think it is Firefox.

The issues that I have had were with the timeout gateway with I.E., according to their report problems site, there was an issue with users all over the world and ImageShack with these error messages.  They were going to create a "bandaid" they called it to repair it.  I had switched to Firefox, loved it and when I tried I.E. again (that couple of days ago), there were not gateway timeout messages, they must have "bandaided" their problem.  But losing that post made me lose my trust with I.E.  Probably won't use that browser again.

So.   I am going to do what you say, Clegs, try to uninstall Mozilla and download it again.  But that is another day, for now I'll just bear with the pain of slowness, hee, hee.  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 07:42:28 pm »
Well, I always use Firefox (I'm allergic to IE) and I have no issues with lagging, which is why I think it's either your computer or your internet connection.  It may be something in Firefox, an extension or something, but I kinda doubt it, given the number of extensions I'm running with no problems (you've seen the list!  ;) )

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 12:15:07 am »
Ann, tomorrow I am going to contact the cable company and tell them of my woes.  I have a new computer, runs on Vista.  I have been very pleased with Vista so far and haven't until very recently had any issues of slowness, which I have been warned about.  So, I am on the war path now, I will get some answers, and hopefully speed up, the change is drastic and is not acceptable.  Best of the night and a great day tomorrow. Cindi