Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Labour Day Massacre  (Read 3009 times)

Offline JhnR

• New Bee
Labour Day Massacre
« on: September 08, 2009, 05:11:33 pm »

I was working in the garden...what garden...the rainest year on record...when I heard bone chilling screams emitting from a southerly direction...I dropped my tools and ran for my trusty 50 BMG...I ran as fast as possible..(heavy gun)...oh..what a site..

dead and dying lay everywhere......

I guess the girls have had enough of the drones for the year...

Hope everyone had a great weekend...

John

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Labour Day Massacre
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 05:37:42 pm »
That type of mass exodus only Moses and Beeks could appreciate! It's great to actually witness these types of events huh?
Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Creamhorses

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:45:48 pm »
OK...I'll wear the D cap for a post...

What screams? 

And what is a 50 BMG?

Offline irerob

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:14:52 pm »
  Thanks cream I've heard of a BFG bfore they the same thing?
You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.

Offline JhnR

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:35:01 pm »

I typed this as a joke after the fact...after some years you learn the sounds of the hive...if you hear an unusual sound you go and look at the entrance and observe their activity...this weekend the drones were being discarded from the hive. The 50 BMG is a very large caliber round...along with the rifle..
[/

Two weeks ago a bear pushed a tree onto my electric fence to get my hives...ergo the big gun...
Do not worry...he lives.. but the chicken wire on the ground around the fence and bacon everywhere on the hotwires....OUCH

John

Offline Creamhorses

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 10:20:53 pm »
OK thnx ......now I know. HTFB is this bear?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 10:37:33 pm »
Beautiful weapon! I actually prefer the barrett though, espesially for those annoying mice and squirrels!  :-D
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 08:59:09 am »
I can hear the Drones now " Please , please one more sammich before you all kick us out "  :evil:

BTW, those bolt action 50 BMGs give me headaches  :-\ I too prefer the Semi from Barrett.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:01:24 am »
Thanks for the morning chuckle!

This is kinda off the topic of guns :), but how do you tell a drone from a worker?  I finally saw my queen for the first time a week ago and realized, "wow, she really is much bigger".  but I can't seem to see a difference in the rest of the bees.  Are there any other signs rather than size?  How much bigger are they? 

I feel like such a dunce cuz they all look the same to me :(.

Thanks,
ziffa

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:58:16 am »
Thanks for the morning chuckle!

This is kinda off the topic of guns :), but how do you tell a drone from a worker?  I finally saw my queen for the first time a week ago and realized, "wow, she really is much bigger".  but I can't seem to see a difference in the rest of the bees.  Are there any other signs rather than size?  How much bigger are they? 

I feel like such a dunce cuz they all look the same to me :(.

Thanks,
ziffa

Ziffa,

The Drones are very easy to spot, they're the ones pigging out on the stores ( LOL ).  You can spot them because their 2 large eyes touch, they're bigger ( wider and more round ) than the workers. Without opening the hive, watch them come and go in the late afternoon. Some Drones are even larger than others, you can't miss them.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 05:22:03 pm »
Thanks BeeHopper,

I will have to look at them harder next time.  Maybe the eye thing will help!

ziffa

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 05:58:38 pm »
they sound differnt too.  they really buzzzz.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline charlotte

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 10:52:28 pm »
You know, it kind of makes me feel bad for the drones.  What  life!  If they are successful in their purpose, they die...if they aren't, they are thrown out & die!  Mine have been kicking out the drones for a couple weeks now.  :'(  Winter is coming.
Sleep is overrated!

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 02:27:38 pm »
I feel sorry for the few that are just hatching out now.  They don't even get a chance to drink a beer and watch a football game before they get the boot. :roll:
Rick

Offline jclark96

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 06:21:37 pm »
My wife said that I had better behave. :(

anything