Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm going foundationless  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: I'm going foundationless
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 07:54:31 pm »
Actually the popscicle sticks run horizontally.

I've seen plenty of messed up foundation that was misdrawn, or it fell out and caused them to build wild comb.  I've seen more messed up comb from plastic foundation than I have from foundationless.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline ula ula

• New Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 06:44:23 am »
hi
   I use   match sticks put my strip of foundation in than push the match stick in the grove beside the foundation  .works grate getthe match sticks from hobby shop. your frames might be a bit different over there. they hold  tight never had any drop out .

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 12:05:34 pm »
Micheal, thank you so much for posting the sticks go horizontal, that is how I placed mine and the whole time reading this thread I am thinking I am an idiot. Seems to be working great, but I am thinking "I hope that nobody sees my sticks and thinks I am an idiot" Not that I am not an idiot mind you, just don't want anyone to think that. HAHAHA. Anyway, I have a medium that I have wanted to use for chunk comb honey and so just open medium frames with sticks layed in the groove horitotal...
Thanks for all the help and advice.
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 03:19:53 pm »
Hey Frantz could you post a pic of your frames with the stick's I am putting together frame's and need help.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.