Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Catalogs  (Read 6638 times)

Offline Zulu

• New Bee
    • Ballinger Bees
Bee Catalogs
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:06:45 am »
So how long does it take the companies to send out Catalogs after filling in their forms?

I am a newbee and while I have perused the online stuff , it is nice to be able to page through a catalog with pics.

3 and 4 weeks since I filled in all the sheets and still nothing . Did all the main companies , was expecting like 4 or 5 by now.

For homebrewing , I got my catalogs in about 5 days

Just asking !!
Newbee 2011

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bee Catalogs
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 11:29:38 am »
Something must be up. They normally try to get the magazines out to North Carolina a bit earlier than the other states. You now....since it takes you guys a tad longer to read them and all.  :-D

Ok, ok....I know I'll hear about that one.  :shock:

:imsorry:

I think that with the holidays, most of the staff with the bee mags were off for the holidays. So there is a natural delay for January. Give em a call. They are nice people.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:18:23 pm by BjornBee »
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Zulu

• New Bee
    • Ballinger Bees
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:46:06 pm »
You will have to speak slow for me to understand  :lol:

Thanks
Newbee 2011

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:13:13 pm »
Many of them have on-line catalogs if you can't wait ;), I spend time at several, looking for deals this time of year.

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:45:16 pm »
I find the online catalogs to be better anyway.  Every once in a while I run into something new.  Normally I hear about it on sites like this before that anyway.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:58:55 pm »
I just price compare the 4 big suppliers around me online now.   I tend to loose the paper catalogs or just can't find them when I need to look at something.   Also, there are the internet and monthly specials.   :-D

Offline wd

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:02:09 pm »
personally, I  too always look at the online store / catalog  then call to be sure what ever is in stock, place an order if needed and go pick it up myself. I'll grab a catalog then, if they have one available.

be patient?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 02:07:25 pm »
I have them from several suppliers. Since I'm too illiterate to read, and all the pics are upside down, you can have them if you want to drive down here and get them.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 02:11:34 pm »
But you still use the pictures in the catalog to point to let them know what you want to buy, right?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 02:18:34 pm »
No, being the typical yankee's version of a redneck, I just steal what I need. No need for a catalog.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 02:19:38 pm »
Zulu, I also have the book for the bee class, if you want to see it before hand.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline mudlakee

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 07:09:38 pm »
Hey! I am a Yankee REDNECK.  With a name like Tony where do you think my family is from.  Tony

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 07:13:28 pm »
Europe?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 07:29:13 pm »
Don't they call you "Yo Antney"?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 07:33:42 pm »
You just happened to pick the wrong time of year.  Most are probably out of the 2010 catalogs and are in the process of getting ready to send out the 2011.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »
Don't they call you "Yo Antney"?

Scott

I find you such a crack up Scott :-D :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 07:58:20 pm »
We aims to please Ms Annette :-D
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Zulu

• New Bee
    • Ballinger Bees
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 12:04:19 am »
Iddee very kindly looked up my number and we met today, and yep he has no need for Catalogs, so gave them to me , he did speak real slow so I could understand. ;)

Seriously, big big thanks ID, and also thanks for making my son so welcome, you helped him overcome some apprehension he had about bees, and looking fwd to my classes,
BTW The honey is awesome too.

I will wait by the postbox in the Carolina cold for the next week in anticipation,

With 3 PC's on my desk I have looked at the online stuff, but there is still something about paper catalogs when I go to the library.  :evil:
Newbee 2011

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 12:57:07 am »
See when in the library you need to make sure it's start of the art i pack my velocity cruz reader with me when i go.  Surf the net all i like without any problems.  OOhhh and almost forgot need the angelsoft too no trip to the library is complete without it.   :-D
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline Grandpa Jim

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 01:20:40 am »
I was trying to get catalogs for a workshop this month and talked to Betterbee and Brushy mountain today.  Both say catalogs will not be out until beginning of Feb.
Jim