Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello, New to Beekeeping in NW GA  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Ddawg

• New Bee
Hello, New to Beekeeping in NW GA
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:58:04 am »
Hello,

I am Brand New to Beekeeping, and I Gotta learn Fast.

My wife's family has a Small farm and primarily grows Corn and SoyBeans, a Few years ago I did some research on beekeeping because I thought it would be fun and beneficial to the farm, but I never really went past that stage.
The other day my 2 daughters (9 & 11) approached me with an Idea about what they have been learning in school.  They asked If we could learn about beekeeping and put some hives out at Grandpa's Farm (only 5 min away from our house).  
So naturally this seemed like the perfect opportunity to get my children involved in a great new hobby.  Luckily I live close to a supplier (Pigeon Mountain Trading Company), I reserved my bee package and we are gonna load up this weekend and go out and buy a starter kit and some supplies.  We gotta be ready to go by April.
I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, and this forum looks like a great resource!

Thanks,
David

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Hello, New to Beekeeping in NW GA
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:14:28 pm »

Welcome to the site.  There is alot of good info. here,and beekeepers that will help in most anyway.  There are some from almost everywhere.  I am new to beekeeping also.  Good luck with your bees when you get them.

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:43:03 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »
Welcome to the site!