Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My newest Favorite App - DMD Panorama  (Read 5958 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
My newest Favorite App - DMD Panorama
« on: May 20, 2012, 01:02:24 am »
Ever want to show your whole bee-yard or anything off in 360 degrees of view? I found this "DMD Panorama" App (free) that is just wonderful in so many ways.

I'll upload some images tomorrow, but here is how it works:

You hold your I-whatever portrait style and you click start. You then see the Yin and Yang symbols appear in the upper part of the screen. Slowly turn either way and the symbols come together THEN automatically the shutter clicks. Keep moving and capture images up to 360 degrees around and the app stitches them together perfectly - just keep the camera level as you can and it will do the rest.

Now, lots of programs do 180 and higher panoramic views, but DMD is FAST, has quick upload to Facebook Twitter and more. But here is the difference:

It uploads it to their website and puts it so anyone or just friends can view it without any special software and you have the software in the app to view it perfectly in your I-thingy.

All you need to do is copy the webpage link and attach it to emails, place it in the forum, etc..

On Facebook, it appears as a phone until you click on it, then it goes to the webpage where it is located and BAM you see it in regular size, full screen and you can even zoom in.

It is very different than similar types of programs, another example is it has uploading to Geo-cashing for all you GPS hunters. But just imagine how beautiful and creative you can be with taking photos to share with everyone. I know Buzzbee has an amazing view from his yard of very hilly terrain, and a 360 view would really paint a beautiful picture for us to see what he sees.

I like this one a lot. Free app, free hosting, simple sharing and it only takes about 20 seconds to take a full wrap around image. When we first saw panoramic photos, it was done with very expensive cameras and also expensive software and required a download to even see them.

Now, you just click start, move until the camera auto clicks and it will stitch as many pick as you wish. Give it a try, I'll be doing some photos when daylight is out - I did some in-house pics, but as cool as they are, outside will do them more justice. I watched the pics I took on my HDTV and it looked like a million dollar camera was used - incredible.

If you are a real-state person, or private owner showing off your house, this is ideal. But so many of you live near incredible scenery or just want to show off your bees - this adds so many new dimensions to your creativity.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline morb

• New Bee
Re: My newest Favorite App - DMD Panorama
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 02:03:00 am »
I just downloaded it. Wow, awesome.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:58:00 pm »
I just took a shot of the backyard. Just to try it and I'll be doing the front view in a while. Here is my wooded view facing 1 million acres of protected forest called the Pinelands of New Jersey. I missed 360 by one frame on this but it looks pretty good. This app allows you to move quickly from frame to frame.

http://pnr.ma/ahBMBw Untitled
http://www.dermandar.com/p/bioJnf/untitled

In the upper right is a link to go full screen double clicking will zoom in.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:20:39 pm by beemaster »

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline winginit

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:28:35 pm »
Cool. Hope there's a similar app for Droid?

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:26 am »
I added a few more, still getting use to the proper moving rate which is kind of a Zen thing. The software has the Yin Yang symbols separated and you scroll your I-whatever in a horizontal movement until the two symbols become one and the camera auto shoots. It takes twenty photos and stitches them together.

The say you must "Be the Camera" and keep it in one spot as you rotate, so you rotate you not the camera around you - so think of the cam as fixed on a tripod. Needless to say, I haven't mastered it yet, but it is fun trying.

Here are the ones I have uploaded so far.

http://www.dermandar.com/user/beemaster/

I have some "in my home pics" that are literally perfect, but my wife will kick my rearend if I don't straighten up around first. I think it looks very good all the time, see disagrees saying if I'd make it look better for company, then it isn't good enough to put on the web. I can see her point, then again - if friends come to judge my house and not come to see me, they can stay home.

But I understand, God forbid I have a work shirt draped over my dining chair and a some groceries in bags on the floor that haven't made the pantry yet. More to come, tomorrow, Lake Horicon (Lakehurst Lake) and some of the fishing ponds I like to ride out to at lunch if it isn't raining too hard.