Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Gang is at Buds,check them out here!  (Read 2858 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
The Gang is at Buds,check them out here!
« on: April 24, 2009, 06:25:12 pm »
The gang has made it to Buds house in Mississippi!! You can check out live video over the weekend here:
http://www.mogulus.com/beemaster
 They should be live at different times throughout the weekend,so if you miss them be sure to check again later. they have the mic open so youwill be able to hear ,.If you wish to chat,there is text available on the mogulus sight,and there is voice chat if you wish to use ventrilo.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: The Gang is at Buds,check them out here!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:17:34 pm »
i took a peek.  looks like you guys are half dead  :-D  can't we see a chicken dance or something???
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 06:10:35 am »
Now about the beer can's stuck to the head :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:27:42 pm »
For those who thought about attending but were too lazy to get your kiefers up here or down here depending where you're located, you seriously missed out on a ton of fun and learning!

Brendhan, Bud, Alan Buckley, Steve from SC and Dallas and I checked out 9 feral colonies in various out buildings and a few trees.

Too bad we couldn't remove any of 'em, no permission granted!

This morning Alan gave us queen grafting lessons and other tons of useful information regarding bees. Alan is a walking, breathing bee encylopedia

We also have been going through Bud's hives and making management decisions and did a few splits, today and yesterday.

Don't have to tell you we been eating good, Bud can cook!

Anyway, we are having a blast and its been incredible meeting people I've been talking to on the puter and phone for 4 years.

Its been a real thrill guys and ladies let me tell ya, and if you ever get the opportunity to meet some of the members you should do so.

We are hoping to make this an annual event. Next year Ted you have no excuse, I will personally drag your butt down here myself if you are a no show!

Bye for now y'all.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 01:24:01 pm »
We are hoping to make this an annual event. Next year Ted you have no excuse, I will personally drag your butt down here myself if you are a no show!

Bye for now y'all.

...JP

I will make it but got proms for the next 4 years, try not to make it around prom times, can't miss my girls proms
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 06:32:12 pm »

Bye for now y'all.

...JP

I will make it but got proms for the next 4 years, try not to make it around prom times, can't miss my girls proms

I'm a bit confused here Ted, your daughter is supposed to show up with a date, you gonna be her date for the next 4 years??

you gotta cut the cord sometime Ted!

...JP ;)

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 09:34:23 am »
Well, today is the last day of our get together folks, and its been just incredible. Last thing on the agenda is to check a nuc we set up with grafts to see how they've taken, then relocate the rearing box approx 2 miles away.

We have to release the queens from the cut outs we did yesterday.

On a sad note, we haven't been eating very well, at all, barbeque pork, Fred Flinstone steaks, shrimp ettouffe and lobster last night, lobster in Macon, Ms!

Yep, its just been awful! :-D

...JP

Offline mountainvalleybee

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:48:45 am »
Bud is one heck of a host and has a very good place for such gatherings the crowd was great and we did a lot of different things,I think we barely scratched the surface and it really was for a good part a get to know each other meeting. It is obvious that we had a very many exceedingly good beekeepers and it would take years to touch upon the real knowledge contained within such a group. The format of informality and non-lecture oriented sessions is extremely good for the allowance of each person to contribute and in my opinion that always leads to more very real practical knowledge to be obtained by not only the more experienced beekeepers but also those maybe less experienced. I especially am partial to the type of meetings where you interact as a group and most if not all of the sessions are hands on and open discussion. Thanks all for a great weekend and a unique beekeeping learning experience.

Alan Bukley: MountainValleyBees 
We are their Keepers, but not their Owners, for they are of Nature and No One owns Nature.(www.mountainvalleybees.com)