Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My First of the Season  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
My First of the Season
« on: March 13, 2012, 05:42:08 pm »
I screwed up and said water damage in the video I wasn't that is what termites do best.

Mississippi b

Its not my best video.

Job took 4 hours and was the first pay job I have ever done in my home town.
Charged 50 bucks a hour my set rate for ground work.
Some days I think it should be a higher rate mostly when I am getting the fire stung out of me threw the suit.
I still have no clue what to charge for ladder work sometimes I believe it should 3 times ground work lol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:47:09 pm by Robo »

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: My First of the Season
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:35:34 pm »
Hey, those weren't asbestos shingles were they? I'm thinking perhaps concrete but not sure. BTW, you are correct in that the exterior wall has/had a lot of water damage. Termite damage will be associated with mud tunnels whether broken or intact.

I don't believe I've done one that had the old diagonal boards as an exterior wall. Done plenty where diagonals were used as flooring. those are a pain!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:58:06 pm »
Was the whole outside wall that rotten or just that one area?  Easy bees to get to with the wall coming down like that.  Good video.

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:28:22 pm »
I would bet on asbestos I tried not to brake that many but a lot did get broke. From my understanding the shingles are not as dangerous as any of the other things made from it safe as long as it is not broken.

House I lived in as a kid had them on it and I know I had scraped them a time or two playing as kids do.
Also I bet siliceous will get me first seeing that one of the construction jobs I worked darn boss used silica sand to dry sandblast.

I have another one lady wants me to come look at sounds horrible they have been trying to kill the hive for 5 years. Sounds like it will be on the inside maybe between the ceiling and floor of the up stairs.
Also is the harbor frieght bore scope good? I will post all this in another post.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 10:06:06 pm »
$99 for one.   Never seen one, but I would like to see how the pic looks.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 01:12:47 am »
haddon, that building might fall down now.the comb was holding the building together :-D  good job.     ......   schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:07:56 am »
Mike, my borescope requires me to drill a 1/4" hole. I like that. Most require at least a 3/8" hole which means more bees coming out on ya and 1/4" is much easier to repair than 3/8 or 1/2". Just my .02.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 11:37:43 am »
Good job!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 05:07:11 pm »

wrong post

anything