Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: History Detectives  (Read 2629 times)

bigbearomaha

History Detectives
« on: September 18, 2010, 03:40:06 pm »
I don't watch a lot of tv to be honest.I might spend an hour a day watching tv on the average.

There is the show called "history Detectives" which has people investigating the background of various artifacts and items people have a family history or suspect some historical value to.

I like this show.  it's on PBS, yes,  I am one of the people that watches PBS regularly.   I like it more than most of the crap on the main networks.

this  is a show I've watched for at least the last 2 seasons and It's cool to see how some of the seemingly small, inconsequential things they have might turn out to be historically valuable and the information they turn up.

Just one of my favorite shows. 

Big Bear

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
Re: History Detectives
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 10:50:38 pm »
I like History Detectives, too.  I like anything on TV that has to do with history, and the older the history the better.  Even like the history stuff on the Military Channel.  But too much of the stuff on the History Channel isn't really history, i.e.  Pawn Shop, Gangland, Modern Marvels, How Its Made, etc.
linda d

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:54:54 pm »
Ice Road Truckers?    You know all this will be history one day.  ;)
I am glad that the history channel is right next to the Syfy channel on the tube. :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:14:48 pm »
I'm watching an episode of "History Detectives" as I type this. A segment on John Adams and his alcoholic sons. Never knew that.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907